Project manager | Design & build in construction | People management | Teams leadership | BIM 360 | PMP & MSC- ongoing.
As a project manager, I hold keen expertise in leading high-performing teams in the construction, manufacturing, real estate, Technology, environmental services, and e-commerce projects.
Being a problem solver, I have worked on residential, commercial and mixed development projects. Proven competency in Project Management.
I come out as a leader who approaches challenges with an open mind and the willingness to learn, enthusiasm and innovation.
Avid understanding of the PMP principles and practices established by the Project Management Institute (PMI), My duties include developing project scopes, mapping project requirements and dependencies, identifying shareholders, assessing risk, implementing, executing, monitoring, and delivery of the above-described projects to the clients.
Leadership - Built and led teams to succeed over challenging problems in fast-paced environments in the construction, real estate and manufacturing sectors.
Project and Construction Management - Experience in leading a range of projects (over 30 costing up to $60M) through both pre-construction and execution/construction.
M.S.C. Construction project management – Currently pursuing an MSC in construction project management at Heriot-Watt University. The online Construction Project Management MSc equips me with the practical skills and knowledge to manage people and projects within the construction industry while meeting the educational criteria of CIOB and RICS.
May 2022 – Present
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, I Oversee and manage Burn Manufacturing USA LLC expansion Projects located in Kenya and West Africa with a worth of over $100m from the initiation stage to completion and closeout.
● Plans the scope of work, the manpower required, machinery, and cost needed for each project.
● Ensures deadlines on all construction operations are met.
● Follows up on the work progress and develops schedules for deliverables.
● Sets goals and reviews the contractual conditions of the performance.
● Develop work plans and oversee the performance of general contractors.
● Oversee the work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents.
● Project responsibility covers concept (via Operations/Real Estate senior managers), design, construction, and operations (warranty & maintenance).
● Create contractor and vendor RFP documents (scope narratives, schedules, etc.), attend job walks and selection/award review meetings.
● Establish and/or review contract documents and manage procurement, pre-bid conferences, and evaluations.
Skills: Cross-functional Team Leadership · Problem Solving · Decision-Making · Contract Management · Change Management · Construction · Project Management · Negotiation · Communication
May 2019 – Present
Construction project manager
Reported directly to the CEO, I managed over 20 construction projects where I directly managed a team of over 20 site managers. My main responsibilities and achievement while at Blif were:
● Directed seven design and build construction projects from conception to completion with a total cost of USD 2.5M.
● Reviewed all project schedule deliverables, construction Processes, and estimated costs for all projects
● Oversaw execution and managed construction contracts as per the JBC (Kenya) and FIDIC contracts in Kenya worth USD 2.5M.
● Analyzed, managed, and mitigated different risks associated with projects undertaken
● Liaised with Design Teams to issue change orders or answer RFIs and manage project modifications in collaboration with different stakeholders
● Visited construction sites often to assess overall work progress and difficulties, and review ongoing issues.
● Actively listened to customers, handled concerns quickly, and escalated major issues to the supervisor.
● Carried out day-day-day duties accurately and efficiently.
Conducted research, gathered information from multiple sources, and presented results.
● Updated operational methods, oversaw accounting procedures, tracked information, and compiled data to improve efficiency.
● Developed and initiated projects, managed costs, and monitored performance.
Skills: Contract Management · Commissioning · Civil Engineering · Construction · Project Management