Every day in the United States more than 565,000 children are living life-limiting, chronic conditions, and 5,000 of them are within the last 6 months of their lives. More than 53,000 children die in this country annually — over 80% in hospitals.
These families experience financial, relational and emotional impact of such prolonged hospital stays. Ladybug House seeks to provide quality palliative care to children and young adults in a homelike setting that will ultimately improve the quality of life of the patient, and their families.
Currently, there are only two children’s palliative care homes in the US. We see the building of Washington’s first family-centered palliative care home as an essential step towards our mission of providing respite for children, adolescents, young adults, and their families during the challenges of life-limiting illnesses. Ladybug House seeks to provide support to families during these unimaginable circumstances in a home full of life, love and respect. We will celebrate every day, every moment, and every life.
We are seeking a Donor Relations Specialist to oversee the development and implementation of an innovative, efficient, effective and engaging stewardship program that tracks and measures the impact of LBH’s stewardship efforts. This position reports to the CEO and Founder of LBH, and collaborates closely with the key members of the LBH team.
The Donor Relations Specialist is needed to:
- Create stewardship strategies for the various donor segments at LBH
- Create innovative stewardship efforts for a variety of channels that includes personal outreach, email, and social media
- Ensure planned and executed stewardship efforts are properly recorded in LBH’s donor database
- Serve as the primary contact on the Stewardship Team for organizational-wide donor stewardship efforts
- Implementation of donor engagement efforts as outlined in LBH’s strategic plan
- Develop internal process for collaborative development of donor stewardship strategies, particularly with appropriate Relationship Managers on the Stewardship Team
- Assist in developing the annual budget and monitor program expenditures related to stewardship efforts
The ideal Donor Relations Specialist possesses the following skills and attributes:
- 1 year in donor relations and fundraising experience preferred; nonprofit or foundation experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Little Green Light preferred
- Experience in successfully coordinating and overseeing multiple projects
- Skilled at networking and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Ability to be proactive and creative in donor stewardship activities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills
- Computer skills include strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, contact management systems and web research
The Donor Relations Specialist is a 6-12 month project, depending on your availability of hours (estimated 5-8 hours per week) and a volunteer position. You will work closely with the CEO and the Volunteer Coordinator. The schedule is flexible where volunteers have the freedom to determine their own hours.
The Donor Relations Specialist position is a remote volunteer position where the volunteer can work from home or offsite. Volunteers should have access to a computer with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Internet access.
While our volunteers are not financially compensated for their effort, volunteers in this position can find the following benefits through assisting Ladybug House:
- Be part of history! Ladybug House will be the first respite care facility of its kind for youth and families in the Pacific Northwest.
- FREE educational workshops and training
- Make a meaningful impact to youth, young adults, and families who are in need of palliative and respite care services.
- Gain nonprofit industry experience to build resume.
- Earn service-learning hours that can count toward school or university requirements.
- Be a member of a community passionate about Ladybug House’s mission and vision.