About the Role:
We have big plans for Europe. We are looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer who will be responsible for delivering our European product roadmap and own localization of our shopper and merchant products for the EU market working closely with our US engineering team. Ideally you will have some experience working as a full stack developer in a banking/payments/lending fin-tech startup with microservices architecture. Your duties will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality. You should be able to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Bring and share with our team extensive experience with industry best practices in software development.
* Quickly build out MVP products to test new solutions on the market.
* Design scalable software and data architectures to sustain rapid user growth.
* Improve team-wide code quality through code review and leadership by example.
* Train team members on best practices for robust test suites, documentation, and operational reporting capabilities.
* Be the first line of defense for our operational environments, triaging and resolving problems as they occur.
* 5+ years of full-stack software engineering experience (8+ years preferred)
At least one of the following:
* Experience with serving REST APIs using Go, Java or a similar language
* Experience with React web apps or React-Native mobile apps
* Experience with SQL based RDMS through an ORM tool
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
* DevOps experience with CI/CD pipelines, Docker and Kubernetes, and cloud computing platforms like AWS
* Demonstrated history of delivering commercial web applications
* A clear record of getting products to market and prioritizing improvements based on customer feedback
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
A+ Character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
A hard-working mentality. It's early and there is still a lot to build.
An excellent communicator.
A fun attitude. Life's too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
Smarts. We need people who are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits
Generous equity package
Collaborative workspace headquartered in Berlin
Flexibility working hours and remote working options
The opportunity to join the founding team for Europe of a fast-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals