We are looking to immediately fill an open full-time Senior Accountant position. In this role, you would be responsible for assisting the Senior Accounting Manager and Controller on a variety of tasks, including general ledger postings and review, banking transactions and reconciliations, MHW client financial reporting, month-end close execution, and client service communication.
As a strong candidate for this position, you are:
Highly Motivated: You are detail oriented, innovative, determined in the face of complex challenges, and have a history of delivering value. We want to give you the platform to make an immediate, significant impact and to build on that impact as you grow your career with us.
A Team Player: We are a leader in our industry with a start-up mentality and many exciting business initiatives on the horizon. We work as a team to achieve successful implementation of our initiatives and company goals. You welcome the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and jump into whatever is needed while balancing multiple work streams.
Results Oriented: You take pride in your work and aim to deliver results and overcome obstacles. You embrace challenges and are not afraid to contribute to overall team initiatives as well as execute daily tasks.
An Excellent Communicator: You possess strong verbal and written communication skills in dealing with both internal team members as well as external clients. You are an effective and proactive communicator with the ability to build and uphold strong relationships and transparency with internal management and staff, as well as clients, outside vendors and partners.
In this role you will:
· Support the Senior Accounting Manager and Controller in revenue recognition, month-end close, balance sheet and GL account reconciliations and financial analysis
· Prepare, review and post journal entries to the general ledger
· Assist in the implementation of new accounting policies and procedures, including best practice general ledger posting and maintenance
· Perform bank account reconciliations and execute banking transactions
· Provide customer service to our clients, customers, and stakeholders through phone and email
· Be an effective communicator with a commitment to fostering the development of your team
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to automate and accelerate the financial reporting
· Perform key category and account variance and trend analysis monthly
· Work on ad hoc projects and requests
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation is a plus
· CPA license or has credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam is a plus
· Minimum of two (2) years of public accounting and/or private industry experience in an accounting role
· Technology savvy with advanced Excel knowledge
· Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
· Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to multi-task while maintaining a high attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideally, you would be open and able to work in-office at our headquarters in Manhasset, NY. MHW is deemed an essential business by the State of New York, and we operate a safe working environment, including social distancing always.
· Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Employee Assistance Program
MHW reinvented how alcoholic beverages go to market in the United States and provides market-leading solutions for market access, sales fulfillment, and compliance management to producers and importers of alcoholic beverage globally. We have helped many of the most successful brands in alcohol enter and excel in the US market. And we are in growth mode to help the next generations of brands achieve outsized success in a highly competitive environment.
We are seeking a dependable, highly motivated, and organized team player to join our Accounting team. This is a dynamic role in a fast-paced company. The ideal candidate must be able to think critically, multitask while maintaining high attention to detail and can work independently as well as part of a team with flexibility and willingness to learn. Experience or knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry is a plus but not required.
MHW was named a Top Employee-Retention Company by Force Brands - Join us as we continue driving innovation and evolution in the beverage alcohol industry!