Zero Hash is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help architect and build new features, as well as scaling the gateway to Finance 2.0. We are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate.
The right candidate for this position is detail oriented, deeply technical, and driven. You are eager to learn new technologies and complex systems. You build resiliency and scalability into the platform at every step.
If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
Support the company’s vital business by contributing to the design and development of software in an event-driven microservices environment
Develop microservices in Golang and Python
Work with platform engineers to setup new services
Respond to production issues and alerts
When necessary, communicate directly with client technical teams
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in the FinTech space
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going
from 0 to 1
- Excellent problem solving skills - can troubleshoot complex systems
- Deep Proficiency with at least one of Python and Golang and experience with the other
- Understanding of SQL and database schema design
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses and
solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with the SciPy stack, specifically Pandas
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business
- An understanding around financial services reconciliation tools
- Experience with digital assets
- Experience with yield-generating products
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.