Have you ever wished to create something that you could proudly say: ‘I did this’? Would you like to be part of amazing teams where cooperation, learning and fun are the main players on stage?
At Nuvolar we develop amazing applications. Our aim is not only to create functional software but to build cool and game changing applications that transform industries. And we are proud to do so!
We strongly believe that our people are our strongest asset and we live up to this. We seek long term employment with our employees and try to give them all the possible support to perform an outstanding job.
You will be part of projects related to Private/Business aviation, designing applications for one of the major Private Aviation companies.
As a designer, you will ideate and deliver UX/UI artifacts for a variety of platforms (desktop app, responsive web, native iOS and Android), implementing design systems and pattern libraries. Your work will be informed by qualitative and quantitative research and testing, in a continuous iteration and improvement workflow. Working closely with the Product Owners and the development team, you will use the latest design tools and methodologies, participating in user research and testing activities, being key for creating and delivering a high quality digital product.
You will produce assets and design specifications that will help engineers implement your proposals, as well as creating and delivering UX documentation, including information architecture, user flows, user personas and wireframes.
Now, what are your other strengths?
● Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a product or UX/UI related role.
● Strong knowledge of design tools (ideally Figma or Sketch instead, InVision or similar for prototyping, Zeplin or such for development handoff, and basic Illustrator, After Effects and Photoshop for complementary assets)
● Sharp eye for design and details, also interested in the latest design trends in the industry. ● A strong portfolio proving your experience in both the research and interface fields. ● Working with Design systems and libraries and being able to create one from scratch is a must. ● Experience with UX research and testing techniques.
● Experience working in Agile teams and being able to lead ceremonies.
● Strong leadership skills and interest in sharing knowledge with the Design team and not afraid to educate them and listen to their needs.
● Able to build and explain interactive prototypes (low-fi / hi-fi)
● Accessibility knowledge (font, colours, etc.)
● In love with Google’s Material Design framework.
● Ready to share your work to stakeholders and defend interests.
● Active giving and receiving honest actionable feedback and ready to work on it.
● Build use cases / scenarios / flows together with the PO’s vision.
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
● Aiming to improve processes and suggesting ideas for a better team collaboration. What do we offer to you?
● Flexible remote work policy (you can decide if you’d like to work 100% remotely or come to our offices in Barcelona)
● Diverse, respectful, and fun environment (we have around 20 different nationalities and counting!) ● Flexible working hours, work-life balance always comes first – 38 hours per week! ● Enjoy Friday afternoons off.
● Summer schedule every day of July and August
● Career path with continuous training, you can study something cool, we have a library and all the learning tools.
● Always Learning, creative work environment and training
● Social events and activities/Funday Fridays/Lunch&Learns
● Time off to volunteer and support the nonprofit cause you choose
● Day off on your birthday!
● Private Health Insurance
● Gym allowance
● Phantom shares options
● Free languages classes (English, Spanish or Catalan)
● Office available in a coworking space in Barcelona with free coffee and a large terrace.
What can you expect from our hiring process?
1st step: Phone call with HR
To understand your career plan, what motivates you, and give you an overview of the role and Nuvolar's environment.
2nd step: Technical test
You will be requested to solve a technical exercise based on role and experience, assessed by our technical team.
3rd step: HR Interview
Soft skills and cultural interview.
4th step: Technical Interview with the team
Technical discussion around the exercise to better understand your skills and an introduction to the Tech Lead and other team members to give you a better idea of Nuvolar's team culture.
If your profile fits the position, and you are excited about becoming a Nuvolad or Nuvolady, we would love to hear from you!
Nuvolar Works is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, race, or religion.
Want to learn more about life at Nuvolar? Take a look at our social channels: