Pronounced "You and I", UENI provides low-cost, easy solutions to help small businesses get online and grow their business. Our goal is to simplify what small businesses need to do in order to get more visibility, customer leads, and sales.
UENI is a SaaS platform for Small Business Owners. Unlike DIY website builders that only provide a toolkit but expect the business owner to do all the work, we combine technology with human support and do the heavy lifting for the small business. Some of the services we offer are a personalized business website, SEO optimization, Google My Business verified listing, hosting, custom domain, and 1-1 coaching -- at a price point much more affordable than any digital agency. A small business owner can join our platform without knowing anything about computers and, a week later, have a state-of-the-art online presence that lets them compete online.
Already trusted by over 625,000 small businesses across 11 countries, UENI is the one-stop-shop for all the tools a small business needs to grow. We are a team of 80+ people working remotely from around the world. We take pride in our professional, learning-oriented, and friendly working environment that values constantly doing our best in every aspect of our work.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to create amazing user experiences to meet real customer needs. You will be joining a team of product managers, developers, designers, marketing, customer success, and management to redefine the user experience of our fast-evolving product. You will be participating in all stages of the product design process, with the expectation that your contributions will make a sizable impact on the product.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate should have solid expertise in all aspects of product design, including researching customer journeys and user-centric features; creating wireframes; testing usability with customers; and delivering best-of-breed experiences. He or she should have an eye for clean and artful design, be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts and work to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What will you be doing?
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Iterate based on feedback from key stakeholders.
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
- You are comfortable with a fast-moving, all-hands-on-deck startup, where everyone works together toward common goals
- Previous working experience as a Product Designer for at least 5 years.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone.
- Successful experience both as UI designer and as UX designer: solved UI problems, UX problems, conducted UX/UI research, analyzed competitors, evaluated and improved existing projects.
- Portfolio with more than five completed design projects. These must be live and key elements available on public platforms (Dribbble, Behance, company website, etc).
- Knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc, InVision, Marvel...).
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Figma, Abstract.
- Knowledge of guides and heuristics for creating and evaluating user interfaces.
- Knowledge of A/B testing frameworks and tools.
- Understanding of usability principles.
- Good UX analysis to identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate content.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability toward the products.
- Team spirit and good communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Technical Science or other relevant field.
- Fluent English speaker.