Middle Office Analyst - Separate Accounts
Who we are looking for
Authentic, innovative, and results-driven? Raise your hand if that sounds like you!
We’re looking for an amazing individual to join our growing team. Your ability to contribute fresh and diverse perspectives in a team-based environment will usher us into future and take us to the next level. BNY Mellon Investment Management Separately Managed Accounts team has been a growth engine and offers a fast-paced environment and dynamic culture where “client first” is paramount. We have a close-knit group that thrives in a team environment.
We provide advisory services to third party intermediary Sponsor firms offering a wide range of separately managed account strategies manufactured across our investment firms within BNY Mellon. We are looking for an experienced professional who is a self-starter and eager to learn and gain an in-depth knowledge of BNY Mellon Investment Management’s Separately Managed Accounts business. The ideal candidate will have a background in SMA/UMA, trade support, middle office operations, client services, marketing client reporting, and performance reporting as well as, have an ability to connect various complex functions across the organization.
• Responsible for the ongoing delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports for Separately Managed Accounts.
• Produces and reviews internal reports such as AUM, operations controls report, cash reports, AML/KYC review, and various reconciliation reports.
• Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal operational routines.
• Interacts with middle office support team and program sponsors to track SMA trades, account activities and maintenance of records.
• Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes and procedures to improve team efficiency and best support the middle office support team.
• Liaise with various personnel from the specialist investment managers of BNY Mellon (e.g., portfolio management, operations, trading, client services, corporate actions).
• Actively participant in developing solutions to support new business and increased efficiencies.
• Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• 3+ years’ experience in the financial services industry is required.
• Experience with Bloomberg, Charles River IMS, Archer IMS, Microsoft Excel preferred.
• Knowledge of managed accounts business and understanding of trading operations requirements a plus.
• Experiencing in account support, AML, KYC, and GIPS performance reporting preferred.
• Ability to analyze problems and provide resolutions.
• Superior communication skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team.
• No direct reports
What is in it for you?
Like everything in life, balance is key. At BNY Mellon Investment Management we have the tools to support you including a comprehensive compensation/benefits package, competitive health plans, generous paid time off and a strong retirement package. BNY Mellon Investment Management provides a flexible and progressive work environment. Roles can be hybrid in nature (office + WFH) depending on needs of the employee and the business. Our commitment to career growth and mobility is at the core of our people-oriented culture, as evidenced by our tenured staff. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you!
Who we are?
BNY Mellon is passionate about Powering the Financial World. Businesses, communities, and global economies rely on us because we prioritize client experience, collaboration, innovation, and resilience. As the “bank of banks,” our unique perspective, informed by one of the largest datasets in the world, powers the financial industry. At BNY Mellon, we understand the best way to succeed at anything is to Consider Everything.
We know it’s not enough to say we’re relentlessly client-focused—so we prove it every day, through adaptability, ingenuity, and technology. It’s how we can proactively respond to environmental, social and governance developments, all while providing peerless client experiences.
Join us in our endeavour to provide world class client-focused service.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work in a hybrid schedule that offers work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite.
BNY Mellon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
BNY Mellon will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
“Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums”