The Business Entity
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is redefining its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
We have a highly scalable cloud infrastructure spread across 25 data centers where we run applications that operate at hyperscale - 100B+ requests per day from 65M daily active users.
Who You Are:
● Proven ability building and operating data infrastructures from the ground up.
● Expertise in Terraform, Ansible and Kafka eco-system including Kafka Core, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, Kafka REST Proxy, and the Schema Registry.
● Experienced in handling analytical workloads running on technologies like Redshift, Clickhouse or Athena.
● Proven experience for developing scalable data services and applications preferably in Go/Java/Scala.
● Experienced in leading and building services on cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS.
● Experience wrangling container-based infrastructure and orchestration.
What You’ll Do:
● Design, implement, and maintain services and applications that are part of Cisco Umbrella's reporting data platform.
● Participate in a globally distributed team of engineers that uses the cloud platforms to deliver services.
● Collaborate with engineering and product teams across the organization to build data products and reports.
We do not expect you to know all these technologies, and we’re hoping for you to push us forward to better technologies were useful.
You must have strong experience working with following technologies:
● AWS services like S3, EC2 etc.
● IaaC tools like Terraform and ansible.
● Basic Linux administration sills.
Nice to have skills:
● Java/Go for data processing and event driven services
● Kafka eco-system.
● Clickhouse/Redshift/Athena for analytical workloads
● Apache Spark for micro-batch processing or Apache Flink for stream processing of data streams
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.