Do you look at the news and think it’s not quite for you? Do you find your answers about the day’s biggest topics left unanswered? Or that the stories you care about aren’t being covered at all?
That’s why we’re looking for a Video Producer to aid us and the team to create compelling content aimed at engaging 25-34 year olds and giving them more of the news, sport, information and entertainment they are seeking.
We already reach more under 35s than any other commercial publisher, with 11miliion a month reading at least one of our titles, ranging from mirror.co.uk through to our market-leading regional news titles such as Manchester Evening News, ChronicleLive and BelfastLive.
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role is home based and we are therefore open to candidates based across the UK.
What will the role involve?
● Spotting opportunities for creating great video around topics of interest to our audience.
● Telling stories through video, writing engaging captions and headlines.
● Use effective social searches and social media savvy to source video that gets readers talking and sharing our content.
● Support breaking news stories with engaging video where necessary.
● Being an expert on video on all its platforms - everything from live streaming to short-form video on TikTok, to on-site video, Youtube or Facebook.
● To bring content ideas to life through video and consider which formats are the best way to tell a story.
● To edit video to high standards, according to brand values and audience interest.
● Being up to date with the key trends and insights important to your audience and ensure content is in line with the brand strategy.
● To stay up to date with developments in the industry and how video trends are changing over time.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
● Experience of creating, sourcing and commissioning video in a publishing environment.
● An expert digital storyteller with an understanding of how to create engaging content.
● Great social media savvy and professional experience of using social media platforms.
● Ability to film and edit video on mobile, social and desktop web.
● Demonstrable experience of using Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects, or equivalent software.
● Experience of editing images.
● Understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour.
● An understanding of digital publishing best practice, and high publishing standards.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
● Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%.
● 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme.
● Giving back day - an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart.
● Enhanced family leave - including maternity, paternity and adoption - and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment.
● As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive.
● Wellbeing support - including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus.
● Awesome career opportunities - you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes.
● We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.