This position is only available to residents of Australia and the UK. If you are located outside Australia or the UK, please view our other positions.
Our journey began in 2013 when our founder, Mitch Smith, owned one of the largest Minecraft networks at the time. With the growth of the network, our infrastructure expanded and we started offering Minecraft server hosting. Today, we are the largest game server host in the Asia-Pacific region and offer support for an ever-growing list of games, including ARK, Rust, Valheim and more.
Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for anyone to operate any kind of internet service at any scale. For this, our primary focus currently lies in extending and developing technologies to make running online services easier.
If our dream and journey is something you are passionate about, check out our HR Generalist position below and apply today. Otherwise, other vacancies for our innovative team can be found at shockbyte.com/jobs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an HR Generalist, you will assist in planning, leading, developing and coordinating all department operations and functions, from recruitment to performance management, compliance to employee relations. Your actions and direction will ensure legal compliance and implementation of the company’s mission and HR strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
● Assist in planning and implementing all human resource initiatives, such as recruitment, performance management, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations.
● Assist in managing and leading the Human Resources department.
● Contribute and encourage a positive and innovative work environment.
● Participate in positively and constructively achieving individual, department and company objectives.
● Counsel the management of different departments by providing advice on managing employees and cultivating the ideal culture.
● Establish human resource objectives in accordance with company-wide goals, as well as federal, state, local and international legislative requirements.
● Research, develop, and update the company’s policies and guidelines.
● Facilitate and manage the employee lifecycle from recruitment to termination.
● Actively stay up-to-date on employment laws and best practices.
● Advise and liaise with staff and management on policies, procedures and industrial matters.
● Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement within the company.
●Apply the principles of equity, diversity and workplace health and safety, and behave in accordance with relevant standards, values, policies and regulations.
● High proficiency in English.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources Management.
● Previous professional experience in a similar industry or role.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Experience in video games or server hosting industries.
WHY WORK WITH US
● Work from home with flexible working arrangements.
● Access to free server hosting for games we offer.
● Opportunities to receive Shockbyte merchandise.
● A friendly, ambitious and relaxed environment (with scheduled game nights!).
● Please ensure CVs/resumes attached to the application are in English.
● Interviews are conducted virtually via Discord.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At Shockbyte, we are committed to sustaining a workplace where our team feel safe regardless of race, colour, age, sex (including gender identity and pregnancy), sexual orientation, origin, citizenship, marital status, religion, disability, neurodiversity or veteran status.
All aspects of our company are designed to lift people up, not drag them down, and we hope you are as excited about it as we are.