Are you a Sessional Tutor looking to gain experience outside of a traditional education setting? Do you want to make a difference and improve lives? Our Tutors in Prison Education, believe people are capable of change and deserve a second chance in life.
We are looking to recruit Sessional Tutors that can do more than just deliver training but can also engage and inspire learners that have had little or no prior education.
Working from HMP North Sea Camp you will deliver training across a wide range of subjects including Employability, Personal & Social Development, Maths and English. Working with small groups of prison-based learners you will develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours while supporting them with their long-term goals and aspirations.
We are looking to recruit flexible and adaptable people to support on a short-term basis as and when required, to support with the delivery of innovative, engaging, and motivational learning sessions.
What are we looking for?
- You will ideally be qualified to Level 3 in Maths and English, or equivalent
- An expert in your field with substantial experience
- Experience of delivering training
- A teaching or assessing qualification is desirable but not essential
- Ability to display a wide range of training methods to engage learners
For full details of the role and the person specification please click the ‘available documents’ or for an informal chat please call the Recruiter, Karen Louth on 07977392752.