Contract Remote during COVID-19
Data Architect - Snowflake Talend
Chicago, IL, United States
2 months ago Title: Data Architect - Snowflake Talend
Work location: Chicago, IL(Hybrid)
Client Name: Integrity marketing group
We are looking for a Lead Snowflake Data Architect, who will be responsible to plan, design, develop and maintain the data architecture, data models and standards for various Data Integration & Data warehouse projects in snowflake. Ensure new features and subject areas are modelled to integrate with existing structures and provide a consistent view. Develop and maintain documentation of the data architecture, data flow and data models of the data warehouse appropriate for various audiences. Provide direction on adoption of Cloud technologies (Snowflake ) and industry best practices in the field of data warehouse architecture and modelling.
providing technical leadership to large enterprise scale projects. You will also be responsible for preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals (RFPs). This role requires a broad range of skills and the ability to step into different roles depending on the size and scope of the project
· Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects and create high-level design and architecture of the solution, including class, sequence and deployment infrastructure diagrams.
· Take ownership of technical solutions from design and architecture perspective for projects in presales phase as well as on-going projects.
· Prior experience with application delivery using an Onshore/Offshore model
· Experience with gathering end user requirements and writing technical documentation
· Time management and multitasking skills to effectively meet deadlines under time-to-market pressure
· Suggest innovative solutions based on new technologies and latest trends to sales team.
· Review the architectural/ technological solutions for ongoing projects and ensure right choice of solution.
· Work closely with sales team and clients to understand their business, capture requirements, identify pain areas, accordingly, propose an ideal solution and win business.
· Must have total 14+ yrs. in IT and 3+ years' experience working as a snowflake Data Architect and 8+ years in Data warehouse, ETL, BI projects.
· Must have experience at least two end to end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse and 3 end to end data warehouse implementations on-premise preferably on Oracle.
· Expertise in Snowflake – data modelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts
· Expertise in Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, Zero copy clone, time travel and understand how to use these features
· Expertise in deploying Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
· Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques using Python
· Experience in Data Migration from RDBMS to Snowflake cloud data warehouse
· Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling)
· Experience with data security and data access controls and design
· Experience with AWS or Azure data storage and management technologies such as S3 and ADLS
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
· Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshoot
· Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated data pipeline related problems, proactively and as issues surface
· Must have expertise in AWS or Azure Platform as a Service (PAAS).
· Certified Snowflake cloud data warehouse Architect (Desirable).
· Should be able to troubleshoot problems across infrastructure, platform and application domains.
· Must have experience of Agile development methodologies
· Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication