TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our client is an American multinational company and one of the largest chocolate manufacturers in the world. It also manufactures baked products, beverages and many more that are produced globally.
Position: Business Analyst: Import/ Export Management
Location: Hershey, PA 17033
Duration: 19 Months
Job Type: Contract
Work Type: Onsite /Remote
• This position will be engaged in supporting the day-to-day internal imports and brokerage functions for the Importer of Record’s (IOR) own imports while ensuring strict compliance with Customs’ and Participating Government Agencies’(PGA) laws & regulations.
• These imports are primarily entered for Consumption, but will in select cases move under In-transit procedures.
• The Import Analyst will have the responsibility of expeditiously preparing and submitting data and documents to Customs & FDA, ensuring duty payment is correctly scheduled, monitoring Customs & FDA release message sets, tracking and communicating release status to transportation providers and resolving holds at the border.
• This will require a working knowledge of Customs Entry Process (19 CFR 142), ACE Cargo Release requirements and ACE Automated Broker Interface (ABI).
• Additionally, this role will need to be well versed with Customs filing milestones and statutory timelines relating to
• Import Declarations (7501),
• ISF Filing,
• ACE Manifest and
•Export EEI. Proactive planning is essential to forestall delays at the border; this requires a good understanding of minimal import admissibility requirements, including, completeness of shipping documents, tariff classification, valuation and country of origin.
• Due to the random nature of customs & FDA exams and inspections at the border, however, a predisposition to work with urgency and prioritization is essential in this role. It is mandatory that any delays such as Customs & FDA exams, holds etc. are readily and continually communicated to internal stakeholders such as Warehousing, S&OP, and QA.
• 40%- Daily duties will require direct communication and coordination with different internal functional areas as well as Customs, PGAs & 3PLs.
• Utilizing SAP/GTS Customs Management module, prepare and compile CF 7501 data elements for electronic submission of import customs declaration in a timely fashion, and create declarations for shipments into Canada to be transmitted to the broker.
• Work in conjunction with Client’s Transporation Management (TM) team and 3PL to coordinate carrier’s ACE Manifest (PAPS/PARS) with entry filing.
• Collaborate with origin and destination logistics teams, including 3PL to prioritize shipment release based on estimated time of arrival (ETA) and urgent shipments.
• Continuously monitor release messages from Customs ABI for Customs & PGA releases and escalate holds/exams to vested stakeholders from resolution. In particular, ensure goods NOT released from FDA are “Held Intact” by QA and the Warehouse.
• Prepare inbond shipments transiting the US to 3rd countries, including monitoring closure of the in-bonds or any irregular movements.
• Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs & other government agencies. Be proactive in working with government agencies and customs authorities to resolve issues.
• Filing of ISF-10+2 for ocean shipments, ensuring strict adherence to 24-hour rule
• Filing of Electronic Export Information (EEI) and coordination of ITN numbers for routed exports
• Support colleagues with Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) import declaration filings and releases.
• 20%- Monitor and/or trace the location of goods; where necessary, arrange for transportation of imported goods to ultimate destination, including preparation of Delivery Orders (DO), PODs etc.
• Monitor “unarrived/overdue” shipments and coordinate filing of import declaration or cancellation of filled entries
• Collaborate with Compliance team for PSC filings for shipments released under First-step or Release on Minimum Documentation (RMD) procedures, Overages & Shortages (OS&D), etc.
• Support Compliance team in filing of Post Entry Amendments (PEAs).
• Ensure import duties and fees are scheduled correctly and support Finance team with any queries.
• Ensure payment of 3PLs and support Billing team with any queries.
• Liaison with customs brokers for shipments that are NOT self-filed.
• Responsible for PSCs, Overage and ACE reporting for department metrics and reconciliation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Customs brokerage knowledge with expertise in customs declarations submissions.
• Knowledge of Customs ABI messaging protocols.
• Working knowledge of truck, air, rail and ocean manifest requirements.
• Knowledge of FDA hold and release procedures, including Affirmation of Compliance Codes, BTA Prior Notice and Product Codes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of tariff structure and associated controls especially, agricultural quotas, ADD/CVD and FDA claim/disclaim parameters.
• Experience with SAP or other ERP system; familiarity with SAP’s GTS module is a plus.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
• Critical thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks
• Attention to detail, and demonstrated ability of thorough analysis
• Interpersonal communication skills, relationship management and collaboration skills
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
• Effective time management/prioritization skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Due to global scope, flexibility in working hours may be required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Education: BS/BA in Logistics, International Trade, Economics, Business or equivalent experience required.
• Licensed U.S. Customs Broker is a plus but not required
• Experience: 2 to 4 years directly working in import/export compliance
Tek Wissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.