Are you ready to help a leading technology company and contribute to the improvement of voice recognition systems?
In this project, Appen is collecting speech data in Danish and English to train and develop artificial intelligence algorithms that will be used to improve speech recognition technologies.
We're looking for individuals in Denmark to read and record short prompts using the Appen Mobile.
The task contains a total of 600 short sentences that you need to read on a screen and record. You just have to follow the sentences written, no need to create your own sentences.
Example of a sentence that you would need to read: "Okay Alexa, I need directions to work"
The recording will be done and uploaded through our Appen Mobile App.
Duration of Task:
Each sentence will take only 10-20 seconds. In total, for the 600 recordings, please plan 3 hours. Of course, we recommend you do breaks and we will give you at least a week to record your session.
- A fluent speaker of the English language residing in Denmark
- iOS device must be iPhone 8 or newer or Android devices that must be 2017 or newer
- Ability to record in a very quiet indoor environment, free from any background noises
If you are ready to participate in this interesting audio recording task, then let’s get started!
What to expect when you register:
- Create an Appen Account
- Choose English (Denmark) as your primary language
- Complete your profile and project registration [5 min]
- Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
- Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
- Pass the quiz
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!
"Appen has a diverse, inclusive culture vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds."