A Legal Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies which result in the provision of well-rounded legal advice to senior management and to the company; overseeing legal processes, lead and manage company’s relationships with external legal advisors. You will also manage and act as mentor to the legal team working in the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To draft, review and vet through relevant legal documents for the business
• Provide timely legal advice to management on the expanding businesses, investments, business planning, market access, qualification and license, internal policies, external contract and risk control, including operations, and investment activity
• Liaise with external counsel and lawyers, and Cambodia regulatory and statutory bodies on litigation matters
• Monitor and research legal and regulatory developments relevant to the growing business in relevant jurisdictions and report internally on implications for the business
• Assist with regulatory filings, regulatory inquiries, drafting compliance policies and guidelines as the business expands, reviewing business documents etc.
• Manage ad hoc legal matters as required for the business
• Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Law or equivalent.
• At least 6-7 year(s) of working experience, with around 2 - 3 years’ experience in real estate Firm with an added advantage.
• Preferably Managers specializing in Law/Legal Services, with strong legal logic thinking. Has professional analysis and communication ability, and willing to be in an independent role.
• Be able to communicate in Mandarin is a plus
• Applicants must be willing to work in Cambodia