You are a rigging expert who brings characters to life. Creating epic rigs, both for body and face, tools that speed up the workflow, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible sounds like a mission tailored for you - and you are eager to make your mark in the industry!
If you have that unique mindset to be equally talented in both the visual and tech fields, here's the opportunity!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
Currently, we are developing two big games in Unreal Engine: Scars Above, a challenging and immersive 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter... and one unannounced project based on a famous horror film IP.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Sarajevo or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Carry out the rigging and skinning of the characters to meet the needs of project animators with the technical and artistic directors based on the models provided by the Character Modeling Department
- Recognize proper mesh topology and give feedback to the Character Modeling Department
- Create tools, scripts and plugins and run modes to produce the best possible results and incorporate them into the project’s game engine
- Help with organizing feature pipelines (gameplay features, cutscene features)
- Research practical solutions for simulations such as hair and cloth movement
- Along with the character modeler and artistic director – develop facial rigs so animators can create high-quality animations in an optimal way
- Help establish a proper nomenclature within the project files
- Implement a rig skeleton control system to foster/simplify the work of animators
- Ensure that the final result (rigging/skinning) meets the artistic standards of the project
Collaborate and share feedback with the rest of the Rigging team (for example help with modification of rigs)
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 3+ years experience as a game development rigger or other relevant field
- Experience working on AA/ AAA titles
- Advanced knowledge of Maya when it comes to character, prop and environment animation and manipulation
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine, Unreal APIs, C++ and Python scripting
- Good knowledge of Maya’s HIK mocap workflow
- Good knowledge of automatic rigging frameworks like mGear
- Strong understanding of body mechanics for both realistic and stylized animation
- Understanding of game design and game development production processes
- Wealth of experience in working on characters within game development and a portfolio to match
It would be a plus if you have:
- In-depth understanding of anatomy and physiology of movements
- Willingness to work inside of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working with Motionbuilder and MVN Animate
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry-standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other well-being benefits - because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company annual leave in January, as well as additional days to take care of children
- Ongoing education and training: self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing gaming, tech, and startup ecosystems - and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events as well as individually budgeted and personally crafted team bonding events
- Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.