Are you well-versed in all the nuances of computer-generated special effects, especially in video games? Have you got skills and know-how to use all the necessary tools to create amazing VFXs worthy of AAA game development? We have a position that can suit your abilities perfectly!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
Currently, we are developing two big games in Unreal Engine: Scars Above, a challenging and immersive 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter... and one unannounced project based on a famous horror film IP.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Sarajevo or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Design and develop eye-catching visual effects for characters and levels in Unreal Engine
- Create particles, materials, sprite sheets, and textures to add atmosphere and depth to the gameplay
- Create visual effects for the needs of in-game cinematics
- Optimize effects to make them game-ready
- Set materials with special properties
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 2 years of experience as a VFX artist in the game industry
- Knowledge of engines (primarily Unreal, possibly Unity) and their particle editors
- Ability to work independently, or with minimal supervision
- Understanding the technical limits of VFX in the gaming industry
- Strong feel for gameplay aesthetics and the overall impression of how a good game should be created
It could be a plus if you have:
- Knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender)
- Knowledge of 2D animation programs (After Effects, Nuke)
- Knowledge of programs and plug-in elements for simulations (Houdini, FumeFX)
- The possibility of independent creation of textures used in visual effects
- Previous experience in working on AA / AAA games
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry-standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other well-being benefits - because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company annual leave in January, as well as additional days to take care of children
- Ongoing education and training: self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing gaming, tech, and startup ecosystems - and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events as well as individually budgeted and personally crafted team bonding events
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.