The Quality Inspector / CMM Specialist will oversee inspections in a busy machine shop, and ensure excellent quality control. Work includes machine-aided (CMM), manual, and visual inspection. As the hardware and software changes, the operator of a CMM needs to adjust the data and routines of the CMM and configure new software to enhance the quality control of capabilities of the machine. We have equipment from Hexagon Metrology with PC-DMIS software.
• Inspect finished parts and hardware to drawings and workmanship standard using CMM,
measuring tools, and visual techniques.
• Accurately records as-built information, nonconformance information and traceability
• Work with machinists and engineers to address nonconformance
• Masterfully use gauges, micrometers and fixtures
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
• Three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing operations
• Ability to use dial caliper and micrometers with tolerances in the thousandths
• Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
• Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Ability to handle physical workload of Quality Control
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications for Exceptional Candidates
• Knowledge of automatic transmission/torque converters a plus
• Automotive mechanical knowledge
• Machine shop experience helpful
ATI has a full benefit package including health, dental, and vision. ATI offers paid holidays, paid vacation days, paid sick days; a 401K plan and an active profit-sharing plan. We have never had a layoff and have been in the high-performance end of the business since the early
70's. ATI has a reputation for excellence in the field.
Do you like to be shown appreciation for your hard work? ATI has monthly employee appreciation days with free lunches as well as weekly snacks! ATI offers other employee activities such as family picnics, bowling, sports games, etc.