Escalon is looking for a Practice Lead Controller.
“Creating highly efficient and seamless workflows to collect and act on necessary data.”
💰 Compensation: USD130K - 150K/year.
🌎 Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA.
💪 Skills: 7 years of experience required in accounting.
⭐ Responsibilities and more:
• Serve as liaison to the Consumer Practice, facilitate sales proposals and productivity expectations, and coordinate resourcing and planning. Coordinate with the team and other departments as needed.
• Partner with leadership on data analysis performance metrics and improve workflow, teamwork, revenue, and margin.
• Design processes that drive optimization; review, design, and execute improvements to organizational structure.
• Subject-matter expert, identify issues and provide workable solutions across the practice.
• Carry a client load with primary responsibility and ownership for overall engagement-level relationships.
• Oversee the activities of the accounting department for clients - accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reporting, including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements. This includes compliance with GAAP and relevant regulatory requirements.
• Create and nurture partnerships across functional roles within our organization, including our Onshore team in India.
• Review and approve client compliance schedule.
• Review and oversee client onboarding process to ensure we meet and exceed client expectations.
• Review and Approve Client Accounting Policies & Procedures, including Accounting/ERP system selection/implementation, Setup Cash Flow, Capitalization Policy, Prepaid Expense Policy, New Initiatives.
• Act as a point of escalation for technical questions and assist the team in solving them.
• Develop and mentor finance and accounting team members.
• Identify opportunities for Up-Sell/Cross-Sell and collaborate with Business Development Team Members.
• Managing finance relationships with Vendors, Banks, Corporate Credit Cards, and Merchant Processors.
• Overseeing tax return process, facilitating requests from our tax team.
• Audit (if required), including managing the audit process and facilitating requests from the audit firm.