Position Title- Financial Clearance Specialist (ONSITE)
Location- 17500 Red hill Avenue, Irvine ,CA,92614
Duration-2+ months with temp to hire
Working Days/Hours: 40 hrs per week, M-F, 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Pay rate – $30/hr(negotiable)
Covid vaccine is a Mandate
Must have experience in a hospital environment
The Financial Clearance Specialist is responsible for ensuring insurance eligibility,
benefit verification, and the authorization processes are complete in the time allowed by the insurance companies to prevent denials or penalties.
Specialists are responsible for documenting accurate insurance information and authorization details to optimize reimbursement from both the payer and patient.
The Specialist must maintain strong working knowledge of insurance plans, contract requirements, and resources to facilitate appropriate insurance verification and authorization.
Individuals must be able to run eligibility and secure full benefit coverage information (including COBRA when applicable) with insurance companies and employers, confirm all demographic information is correct, and ensure coordination of benefit (COB) and insurance plan codes are accurate.
Specialists must verify insurance coverage immediately for inpatient and outpatient accounts that are same-day and next-day add-ons.
Financial Clearance Specialists must determine if pre-certification, pre-authorizationor a referral is required for insurance companies and obtain if applicable.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in a hospital environment with authorization and
insurance verification responsibilities. Knowledge of business office procedures.
• Must have a knowledge of medical terminology and coding.
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, research/analytical skills,negotiation, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
• Capable of working assigned shifts, overtime when approved.
• Capable of reading the policy and procedure manual and understanding information pertaining to specific job duties and the general information for all hospital employees.