The Comptroller provides quality service in Financial Reporting and Analysis, Accounting, Payroll and Statutory Compliance to support the Institute’s financial requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees financial reporting and school accounting tasks which include the review, analysis, and reconciliation of all applicable balance sheet, profit and loss accounts. Assists the CFO in managing the monthly and yearly closing of books, preparation and finalization of reports such as Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Income, Budget Performance Reports
2. Implements the Institute’s policies, rules, and regulations pertaining to disbursements; Signs Class B authorized checks. Reviews and approves payable entries, vouchers, and withholding tax certificates. Ensures proper tax treatment of all applicable transactions
3. In-charge of processing and payment/remittance of Institute’s payroll transactions and other payroll-related disbursements
4. Reviews and approves all required reports and/or data submitted to various statutory bodies such as Bureau of Internal Revenue, Securities and Exchange Commission, Social Security System, Home Development Mutual Fund, and PhilHealth to ensure accuracy and compliance with statutory requirements
5. Reviews and drafts accounting policies and standard operating procedures; recommends enhancements to balance service delivery and at the same time to ensure that adequate controls are in place; and,6. Advices management on any financial audit to be conducted by Internal Audit and Statutory bodies and manages compliance and preparation of required reports, as requested.
Education: Must be a Certified Public Accountant
Minimum Experience: 10 years related experience, including meaningful experience in an educational or non-stock, non-profit institution; Preferably with experience in supervisory capacity from any of the top auditing firms in the country.
Business Understanding: Contracting and Negotiating/Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, and Cost Control Principles/Tax and other related government regulations.