Would you like to work on the forefront of modern technology? Are you ready to challenge yourself, working on AI projects in an energetic, fun and highly driven team? Then this challenge might be for you!
Our DataForce Team in Barcelona is now looking for a driven Data Engineer with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, motivated to become an expert in data services and our company’s technology products.
What does this role entail
As our Data Engineer you will combine and organize the raw data available from multiple different sources as well as build and maintain a system and pipeline for analyzing and reporting on this data. You will work with both the Technical Solutions and Analytics Teams to optimize the databases available and improve the architecture in order to enhance data flow and allow for complex analysis for different company functions. To be successful in this position you need to be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, and is comfortable making decisions independently.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with project managers, technology team members, and upper management
Role Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and reasoning skills
Role Requirements – Education and/or Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or its equivalent
- Background in preparing data for analysis, KPI definition, and reporting
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- Experience hitting project deliverable dates on tight schedules and within a defined scope
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
Preferred Role Requirements
- Knowledge or proficiency in BigQuery
- Knowledge or proficiency in Knime
- Knowledge or proficiency in AWS cloud computing
DataForce is part of the TransPerfect family of companies, the world’s largest provider of language and technology solutions for global business. We offer high-quality data for Human-Machine Interaction to some of the most prestigious technology companies in the world, focusing on gathering, enriching and processing data for Machine Learning in different AI domains.