Job overview and responsibility
Pollen Tech Pte Ltd is a private B2B marketplace that helps companies buy and sell excess inventory sustainably, with a focus on reducing business waste. As a Data Scientist, you will work as part of a dynamic team to support the development and implementation of data-driven solutions for Pollen's platform.
In this role, you will:
- Provide actional insights to drive the growth of business and improvement of operational efficiency.
- Leverage data science expertise to design data solutions to solve commerce operation and product problems such as inventory and pricing
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to optimize overall business performance and health.
- Provide suggestions for improvements to align with the business goals
-Work closely with engineers and product on implementation and tracking for business improvements made
Required skills and experiences
- At least 3 years of working experience in data science, with a bachelor's degree or above, majoring in quantitative field statistics is preferred.
- Proficient in SQL, Python or R, and expertise in at least one of the three areas: advanced measurement (e.g causal inference or systems with complex trade-offs), modeling, and optimization.
- To succeed in the role, you need to be a proactive, self-driven and impact-driven person.
- Be able to work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred skills and experiences
- E-commerce or online marketplace experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in using at least one mainstream deep learning framework such as Tensor Flow/PyTorch, understanding distributed training, distillation acceleration, and other implementation methods.
- Experience in text classification, text matching, sequence labeling, knowledge graph.
- Aware of certain processing methods and optimization experience on domain adaptation, small sample construction, text mining, unsupervised/semi-supervised, and other similar issues.
- Familiar with commonly used machine learning and deep learning algorithms, understand basic network model structure (DNN/LSTM/CNN, etc.) and text representation methods (LDA/Word2 Vec/ELMo/GPT/BERT, etc.), have practical experience in deep learning training and reasoning model tuning.
- Experience in large-scale text data processing or cleaning (Such as using Hadoop/Spark/Hive/Flink).
Why Candidate should apply this position
- Welcome Gift (new hires)
- Incentives (base on individual & company performance)
- Mental Health off days
- Annual Leave
- Birthday Gift
- Service Award
- Private Health Insurance
- Work From Home (2 days per week)