About Global Skills Hub
Global Skills Hub helps international technical talent to find jobs with Canadian companies and relocate to Canada.
We match developers from all around the world with suitable remote or relocation jobs with Canada's top tech companies. We exclusively partner with employers that are open to sponsoring your visa costs and we also help with the entire immigration process.
We're on a mission to solve one of the biggest challenges for high-growth companies across Canada: the shortage of highly skilled and experienced technical talent.
At the same time, we are committed to helping tech professionals integrate into a safe and diverse environment, that ensures a path to a thriving life and career.
P.S. We don’t charge our candidates any fees.
Our hiring partner, based in Toronto, is a brand new cybersecurity startup and believes that customers should be able to do business with any company online securely, without risk or compromise. Their mission is to secure client-side web applications so that their customers can deliver a flawless digital user experience to their own customers.
They are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their team, to support the development team in creating and enhancing the most advanced client-side security platform on the market today.
- Support the deployment of products
- Assist in the infrastructure to deliver scalability and security
- Assist in implementing and enforcing compliance standards and internal processes such as DR testing, penetration testing & etc.
- You are driven, comfortable working on a small team with minimum supervision and with skills to comfortably implement solutions throughout the company’s product and IT infrastructure.
- 3+ years of technical operations experience.
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems, networking, architecture, and core web technologies (such as DNS, Routing, TCP/IP, SSH, VPN, and Load Balancing).
- Experience managing AWS cloud infrastructure and access.
- Experience managing containerized applications using Docker.
- Familiar with provisioning and maintaining infrastructure-as-code using Terraform.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like: MongoDB as well as ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with or implementing CI/CD solutions and pipelines, ex. Jenkins, GitHub Actions & etc.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to developers, support, and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
This role is remote-only OR on-site, with relocation in Canada, whichever is more comfortable for you.
Time Zone Preference: 4 hour overlap during core hours (9am-1pm ET)
Salary Range: $80K-$110K CAD
- Visa services (work visa sponsorship)
- Assistance in getting a work permit
- Airport pick-up
- Adaptation tips
- Assistance in finding rent/accommodation