Become a Contributor to Appen's Linguistic project!
What is linguistics?
Linguistics isthe scientific study of human language. It is called a scientific study because it entails a comprehensive, systematic, objective, and precise analysis of all aspects of language, particularly its nature and structure.
At Appen, we are working with our customers to decrease bias, and strive for inclusive Artificial Intelligence (AI) that works for everyone. We do this by capturing data from large groups of people of different genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, and other factors that make us unique. In this way, we can make sure that Artificial Intelligence performs equally well for all people.
Evaluate machine translations from and into your language(s) of expertise on an as-needed basis.
• No linguistic expertise is required.
• No long-term commitment.
• Work in as many languages as you speak.
• Reliable internet connection
• Attention to detail
• Good comprehension skills in English
• Currently residing in Rwanda
• Kinyarwanda fluent speakers
You enjoy competitive pay and benefit from having no set work hours or schedules. You will have the flexibility to schedule your hours to fit your lifestyle and to work around your career and family demands. You have the freedom to choose when and how much you would like to work.
What to expect when you register:
• Create an Appen Account
• Choose Kinyarwanda (Rwanda) as your primary language
• Complete your profile and project registration [5 min]
• Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
• Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
• Pass the quiz
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!
"Appen has a diverse, inclusive culture that is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds."