• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree for a four-year accredited college or university.
• Valid Tennessee teaching certificate with endorsement(s) in appropriate area.
• Only complete applications will be processed for interview considerations.
Job Overview: To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary
learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
• This position was established for the purpose of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a
Teacher (Regular Education) with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other
assigned areas; developing lesson plans; delivering group and individual student instructions within established
curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, professional staff, and administrators in addressing
instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents/guardians
regarding the instructional program and individual progress.
• Plans and administers instructional programs and conducts classroom operations in compliance with directives
from School Administration, Board of Education policy, and state and federal laws and regulations.
• Responsible for the overall instruction, operation, management, and supervision of the classroom.
• Demonstrates a variety of methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments, providing
an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
• Administers and develops subject specific assessments to evaluate student competency levels and/or develops
individual learning plans to improve student's academic success in all courses of study.
• Assesses student progress in relation to learning targets, objectives, and expectations; and monitors students in a
variety of education environments to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
• Instructs and counsels students to enhance and improve academic performance, appropriate behavior, problem
solving skills and techniques, health, and a variety of personal issues.
• Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
• Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents, and consults a variety of community
resources for the purpose of supporting the school improvement plan and improving the overall quality of student
outcomes and achieving established classroom objectives.
• Supports and assists other classroom teachers with the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual
• Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the
purpose of administering an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
• Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations,
student's achievements, developing methods for improvement, and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (teachers, parents, students, administrators, central office staff,
etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction, communicating standards, and resolving issues.
• Gathers information and prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, lesson plans following scope and
sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance, anecdotal records,
etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and maintaining mandated requirements.
• Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities.
• Addresses and reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the
purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment, and adhering to
state law and Board policies.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving safety concerns immediately.