Role: ERP Data Conversion Lead
Location: Watsonville, CA, U.S (Hybrid)
Job type: Fulltime
Seeking an Oracle Cloud Fusion ERP Data Conversion Lead with expertise in requirements gathering, design, and implementation of all the data conversion processes. The lead will work with both the implementation partner and business leadership to build tools, templates, and processes for ensuring data conversion activities are of high quality, repeatable, and effective.
In this position the ERP Data Conversion Lead will demonstrate in depth understanding of modern database and information technologies and recommend industry standards in stabilizing conversion workstream with industry standards and trends. He/she will work independently, develop creative solutions to complex problems, recommend best practices, juggle multiple priorities, connect the dots between operational, tactical, and strategic areas, and lead projects and teams.
• Lead requirements, design and development for global data conversion and governance, including owning process flows, data maps, and standard definitions for governance across a variety of cross-functional systems and processes to improve services.
• Assist to create a data conversion strategy followed by a detailed plan for Master Data and transactional data conversion as well as migration to the new IT ecosystem
• Define data mapping for conversions and prepare plan for data extraction, loading, reconciliation as well as environment configuration
• Review conversion templates for source data and assess the legacy data requirements
• Work with client to define a future roadmap for migrating from multiple systems, platforms and create reusable architecture for ongoing conversion cycles.
• Develop a data cleansing approach based on industry best practices
• Predict potential risks and issues and develop mitigation plans to ensure seamless data conversion
• Develop data conversion strategy and design for the cutover, including, historical data conversion, open transaction conversion, order of conversion, pre-requisites for each data conversion, etc.
• Develop and test conversion code in non-production environments by working with functional analysts, ensure all errors are captured and resolved, participate in conversions to achieve 100% conversion rate and document explainable discrepancies
• Work with DevOps team to deploy and execute the conversion code to Production, monitor conversions jobs, review Production execution, resolve errors and produce reconciliation reports for business sign-off
• Design and develop reconciliation reports
• Manage and modify process and data points as necessary to support seamless integration as business models change or exceptions arise
• Ensure data quality through systems & processes to ensure data integrity.
• Research and document Data Conversion processes and governance best practices.
• Develop and maintain the monthly KPIs for tracking and communicating change requests to stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ experience in Data Conversion and Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP applications
• Experience in defining data conversion strategies, implementing Oracle Utilities and Oracle Data Conversion tools like FBDI and HDL template uses
• Strong knowledge of ERP systems and understanding of data flow between applications.
• Experience in working as a Subject Matter Expert in Data conversion as part of ERP implementation
• Strong functional knowledge of Oracle Fusion Cloud’s Financial, Supply chain management module and Procurement module. Financial module not limited to General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Project Costing, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, and Accounting Hub. Supply chain management module not limited to Procurement, Order Management and Product Management. Procurement module is not limited to supplier management, sales and contracts
• Has gone through 2-3 full lifecycle ERP implementations with focus on data conversions
• OTBI and BI Publisher reporting knowledge and experience.
• Advance skills in MS Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• English required at an advanced proficiency level
• Combines strong business acumen/experience and deep IT knowledge
• Has shown record of strategic project planning and client management
• Experience with managing team(s) of data analysts