Innovyze, an Autodesk Company is the global leader in building innovative, industry-leading software for the water industry for over 35 years. Innovyze serves thousands of clients including the largest utilities, Engineering News Record (ENR) design firms, consultancies, and treatment plants around the world.
The Senior Manager of Experience Design for our Innovyze Design team is an experienced and results-driven leader who inspires great design, nurtures talent, and brings all functions together to deliver best-in-class experiences that Autodesk customers love. In this role, you will lead a global team of designers who deliver on the future of water design by cultivating a modern experience for our Storm/Sewer/Flood, Water Distribution, and Drainage Design product families.
In this role, you can take pride in delivering experiences that address safety and resilience in clean water supply, sanitation management, and flood risk in communities around the globe.
You will be expected to work collaboratively and independently, both locally and globally, ensuring quality user experiences across scrum teams spanning Storm/Sewer/Flood, Water Distribution, and Drainage personas often in coordination with other Autodesk product groups in our AEC Design, Platform, and Construction Solution groups. You understand how to facilitate the balance between tactical and strategic design priorities and can take action in ambiguous areas. You have solid negotiation and decision-making abilities needed to gain cross-discipline leadership alignment.
• Represent Experience Design as part of Autodesk’s Innovyze product leadership team, advocating for world-class experiences that delight our users, across hardware and platform boundaries, and align to business strategy.
• Drive your team to articulate a compelling design vision and evaluate alternate design approaches, considering the cost of implementation and value to customers.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, software engineering, and other disciplines to ensure a frictionless product development process and high-quality outcomes.
• Own and execute on broader initiatives that drive the success of the AEC Design business objectives.
• Support and grow a global group of user experience professionals by nurturing the career growth of current employees, strategically planning, and hiring for emerging skill needs, and maturing a global team of design managers
• Promote a culture of rapid iteration based on insights gleaned from customer research and data analytics.
• Manage the day-to-day running of the team including budget, resource allocation, investment asks, organizational reviews etc.
• Be a thought leader, staying informed of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, to ensure alignment across Autodesk to deliver a cohesive and industry-leading customer experience.
• Previous experience managing an organization
• 12+ years of related professional design experience
• 5+ years of leading a team of varied user experience disciplines including Interaction Design, User Research, Visual Design, Content Creation and Strategy, and Analytics.
• Ability to distill complex ideas and large amounts of data and viewpoints to their essence
• Top-notch design-thinking skills and design sense to facilitate the creative process
• Positive, can-do approach that inspires collaboration
• Excellent facilitation, negotiation, and decision-making abilities
• Strategic mindset and a passion for promoting design thinking to drive alignment, innovation, and contribution to product strategy.
• Fluent in current product development methodologies and trends (desktop, cloud enablement, SaaS, platform)
• Experience working in the water industry.
• Experience working with data analytics.
• Experience designing with innovative technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence).
8 Things That Describe You
• I use my instinct for design to spot the right opportunities and ideas in order to drive innovation.
• I am able to create value through strategy and pioneering, not just auditing value.
• I am able to communicate strategies for the right level of audience at the right level of detail.
• I have the ability to set a course and direct leaders below me in alignment with leadership direction.
• I understand the importance of integrating user research and analytics into a single, powerful set of actionable insights, which I can transform into a story that informs both high-level strategy and tactical decisions ensuring effective communication at all levels.
• I am great at connecting organizational dots, with solid negotiation and decision-building abilities. I can establish effective relationships needed to gain alignment in a matrixed organization.
• I can own and drive organizational structures and deliver 1-3 year plans managing known and unknown constraints.
• I am a compassionate leader with a history of designing effective and healthy team structures through setting a clear charter, goals, and expectations for team members.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.