Location: Eugene, OR
Shift: Full-Time, M-F
Salary: $36.80 – $55.20/ hour
Burns Recruitment is partnered with a company in the healthcare industry to find hand therapists.
Treat and rehabilitate patients recovering from conditions affecting the hands, wrists, and arms. Evaluate patients to assess, develop, and determine a plan that delivers exceptional care. Work with patients who are recovering from injuries and disabilities to help them function, or modify their recovery, in order to relieve pain and restore function.
Must have a current State of Oregon Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist license.
Current Certified Hand Therapist credential required.
Experience working in an outpatient patient care setting providing Occupational or Physical Therapy services.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities, display flexibility, and exercise independent judgment.
• Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities.
• Restore, maintain, and promote optimal physical function, as well as best possible wellness, fitness, and quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
• Prevent the onset, symptoms, and progression of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities that may result from diseases, disorders, conditions, or injuries.
• Conduct initial evaluations to create a plan of care by reviewing patient history and performing tests and measurements to identify potential and existing deficits.
• Re-examine patients and modify interventions as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
• Develop and implement discharge plans.
• Document patient information in a complete and timely manner.
• Complete insurance specific paperwork regarding patient care.
• Facilitate supply vending and conduct orthotic fitting.
• Communicate with physicians, referral sources, and other healthcare staff to confirm plans of care and coordinate effective patient centered services.
• Access and maintain confidential and sensitive information using discretion and adherence to HIPAA rules and regulations.
• Assume responsibility for professional continuing education and associated competencies.
• Attend departmental meetings and assist in departmental outreach activities, as indicated.
• Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate a caring, understanding demeanor with patients, clients, and coworkers.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Medical insurance (includes prescription coverage)
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (equal to annual compensation)
Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
Long-term Disability Insurance (60% of monthly income)
Voluntary Short-term Disability Insurance
Aflac Supplemental Insurance (accident, cancer/specified disease, critical care & recovery, hospital confinement)
401(k) Retirement Plan (traditional or Roth option, based on years of service, with match up to 6.5%)
Flexible Spending Accounts (health and/or dependent care)
Employee Assistance Program
Earned Leave (paid time for holidays, vacation, or sickness)
Personal Leave of Absence
Jury Duty Pay
About Our Client:
We are a local, nonprofit health care organization founded to meet the unmet health needs of our neighbors and make life better for those we have the privilege to serve.
We make life better at work. Our occupational health programs keep people in our community working, safe and well at more than 3,000 local businesses.
We make life better by guiding people through difficult emotions, conditions and situations. Our behavioral health department helps people develop strong relationships, overcome adversity, learn healthy communication skills and make personal changes that contribute to more fulfilling lives.
We make life better by helping people become healthier. Our home health, diabetes and nutrition education and physical therapy services give people the tools, education and support they need to take control of their conditions and make healthy choices.
And we make life better by providing comfort. Our palliative care, home hospice and Pete Moore Hospice House teams provide compassionate physical, emotional and spiritual care to help people manage the symptoms of chronic illnesses or comfortably find meaning and peace in the final phase of life.
Our people are caring, qualified professionals. Our programs are innovative, patient-centered and focused on outcomes. Together, we touch lives and create a stronger, healthier community.
Not ready to apply? Contact Burns Recruitment with any questions. More jobs can be found at www.BurnsRecruitment.com/jobs