Are you outgoing, proactive and intuitive? Do you have a special skill in identifying creative and effective solutions? Join the team at Delta Defense, a fast-growing and award-winning employer of choice headquartered in West Bend, Wisconsin.
The HR Generalist proactively partners with, coaches, and supports employees and people leaders in the implementation and execution of talent strategies. Reporting to the Senior Manager of HR Operations, the HR Generalist supports organizational change efforts and assists in the areas of employee relations, talent development and performance management, identifying and onboarding new employees, and really serving as a key resource for employees at varying levels in the organization.
● Serves as primary contact for employees and first-level people leaders and collaborates with subject matter experts in HR as appropriate
● Participates in the creation of policies, processes, and procedures across the HR department to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness
● Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws related to all HR matters
● Maintains accurate employee records leveraging HRIS
● Assists in crafting and communicating the strategy behind the implementation of various HR programs including open enrollment, self-service capabilities, wellness programs, annual performance reviews, etc.
● Partners with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to ensure successful selection and onboarding of top talent
● Partners with the Total Rewards teams in coordination of leaves of absences, FMLA, accommodations, employee time cards, etc.
● Provides insights on business unit restructuring, workforce planning and succession planning
● Leads HR projects of varying size and scope that may span across HR and/or the business
Skills/Abilities, Experience and Education Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
● At least 2 years of experience working in Human Resources field
● Demonstrates ability to anticipate and respond quickly & creatively to change
● Demonstrates sound judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business and elevating concerns appropriately
● Project management and change management experience is a plus
● Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
● Thrives in a constantly changing environment and building relationships across teams
● Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC