atrain is a dynamic leadership consultancy with a worldwide presence that focuses on supporting and enabling our international clientele to redesign their culture and ecosystem from within. We believe in human beings and in people’s inner drive to realize their true and unique potential, to do good, and to do well. We believe in developing people’s contribution to make the world a better place. We believe in developing skills and capabilities that allow people to achieve outstanding contributions. We co-create, customize and develop holistic solutions in the areas of talent management, leadership, organizational development, and agile transformation. It is our passion to sustainably support people in their development, in changing culture and leadership mindset. We are motivated by our values of trust, creating an impact for our customers and open communication.
Position: In-house Lawyer (part-time)
Location: Bamberg / Home-office in Germany
To support our global expansion and the evolution of our self-organizing structure, we are looking for a new team member for the newly created role of In-house Lawyer. With topics ranging from daily legal support of the internal customer teams to establishing the right legal structures to enable our global expansion, you will be in a pivotal position to help drive our growth in a safe, efficient, and structured way. The role will initially be part-time / 50%, but with the potential to grow to full-time.
- Primary go-to person for legal topics coming from our customer teams as well as our and enabling teams (HR, Finance, IT, Office Support)
- Leading and managing contractual agreements with customers and internal procurement including review, mark-up, and negotiation through to finalization
- Standardization of legal templates and associated ways of working and/or Agreements as necessary
- Work closely with Sales and Customer teams to ensure legal aspects of quotes and pitches are managed proactively, efficiently, and consistently
- Ensuring appropriate filing and tracking of all legal agreements e.g., via document register, including proactive addressing of contract renewals
- Proactive support of the Leadership Team in researching and proposing appropriate legal structures and setups as the company expands both locally and internationally
- Potential: Data Protection topics, including liaison towards our external Data Protection Provider
Competence and Experience
- Several years of hands-on experience within a commercial environment successfully managing and driving legal topics
- German and English fluency for both speaking and writing is required. Other languages are a benefit.
- General knowledge of German and EU Labor Law
- Hold a second State Examination (2. Staatsexamen)
- Desirable: Experience with different company structures, including partnerships, startup, and VC structures
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience with Intellectual Property and Licensing are very desirable
What Do We Expect of You?
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to dialogue with customer counterparts and be a facilitator to close the deal without creating risk to atrain
- A mindset of an enabler – suggest workarounds, find creative solutions. Having a focus on the goals and not getting stuck on a specific fixed solution
- Be open to learning and research new and out of the box ways to do things
- Able to translate and clearly present to atrain decision-makers the legal risks and opportunities. Have an adviser approach with a down-to-earth language.
- Flexibility to travel to Bamberg on an ad hoc basis (if not based in Bamberg)
What is in for you?
- A dynamic and enthusiastic company, very eager to learn and evolve itself
- Flexible working hours
- The ability to shape the role and contribute to evolving the ecosystem
- Development budget
- A very inclusive and diverse culture, open to dialogue, always striving for improvement
If you are ready to apply, please click on the link, we will be awaiting your application!
Link to apply: https://atraingmbh.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=41