Our journey began in 2013 when our founder, Mitch Smith, owned one of the largest Minecraft networks at the time. With the growth of the network, our infrastructure expanded and we started offering Minecraft server hosting. Today, we are the largest game server host in the Asia-Pacific region and offer support for an ever-growing list of games, including ARK, Rust, Valheim and more.
Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for anyone to operate any kind of internet service at any scale. For this, our primary focus currently lies in extending and developing technologies to make running online services easier.
If our dream and journey is something you are passionate about, check out our Junior Full Stack Developer position below and apply today. Otherwise, other vacancies for our innovative team can be found at shockbyte.com/jobs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Junior Full Stack Developer, you will write high-quality code for the extensive and innovative features, products and services we plan to release. Working alongside our team of developers, you will assist in the creation of new and improved software, tools and features to improve the overall customer and staff experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
● Add and maintain features on our products and platforms.
● Brainstorm new platform ideas and improvements.
● Collaborate with the development team to complete assigned projects.
● Proactively participate in company discussions and personal/professional development activities.
● Resolve issues from JIRA.
● Write effective, maintainable, and extensible code.
● High proficiency in English.
● Ability to manage source code with Git.
● Ability to work independently.
● Experience building web applications, using VueJS.
● Experience building SOLID backend applications using NestJS (or ExpressJS).
● Highly proficient in Node.js development.
● Minimum of one (1) year experience in web development.
● Experience with Docker.
● Experience with frontend and backend frameworks.
● Experience with general web development and best practices.
● Experience with OOP languages such as Java, C# & TypeScript.
● Strong understanding of relational databases (particularly MySQL).
● Strong understanding of global architecture.
WHY WORK WITH US
● Work from home with flexible working arrangements.
● Access to free server hosting for games we offer.
● Opportunities to receive Shockbyte merchandise.
● A friendly, ambitious and relaxed environment (with scheduled game nights!).
● Please ensure CVs/resumes attached to the application are in English.
● Interviews are conducted virtually via Discord.
● Position may be offered as employment or a contract dependent on candidate location.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At Shockbyte, we are committed to sustaining a workplace where our team feel safe regardless of race, colour, age, sex (including gender identity and pregnancy), sexual orientation, origin, citizenship, marital status, religion, disability, neurodiversity or veteran status.
All aspects of our company are designed to lift people up, not drag them down, and we hope you are as excited about it as we are.