Linguistic Project in United Kingdom | Remote | African Languages
We are seeking individuals who are looking for an exciting work-from-home opportunity!
Become a Contributor to Appen's Linguistic project!
What is linguistics?
Linguistics is the scientific study of human language. It is called a scientific study because it entails a comprehensive, systematic, objective, and precise analysis of all aspects of language, particularly its nature and structure.
At Appen, our team’s mission is to deliver the best data solutions and expertise to developers of AI for communication, driven by our passion for innovation and our love of languages.
• Various tasks with engaging purposes
• Short-term commitment
Use your advanced knowledge of linguistics and multiple languages to help us label audio data sets according to the language spoken, participants' accents & audio quality.
• Strong written and spoken comprehension skills in English
• Fluent in Swahili, Afrikaans, Amharic, Lingala and Hausa
• Residing in United Kingdom
Join our team and become a part of our pool!
When you work on our projects, you are helping develop responsible, unbiased AI.
What to expect when you register:
• Create an Appen Account
• Choose (Language) (United Kingdom) as your primary language
• Complete your profile and project registration [5 min]
• Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
• Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
• Pass the quiz
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!
"Appen has a diverse, inclusive culture that is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds."