HVE Healthcare Assessments is an industry leading provider of Independent Medical Assessments. HVE is well known for its client-focused culture and its commitment to quality and integrity. We are unwavering in dedication to our customers and providing timely, impartial and defensible assessments and reports.
Founded in 1994, HVE Healthcare Assessments is a privately held, Canadian company. We have been providing independent health services to private and public sector organizations since our inception. We remain one of the few independently owned and operated service providers within our industry.
Medical Report Proofreader’s play a key role in HVE’s overall success by being a key member of our Quality Assurance Team. A successful candidate would enjoy reviewing Medical & Legal Reports daily and working closely with Medical Professionals and their colleagues.
Our Medical Report Proofreaders have seen their careers grow and flourish with our mentorship program. We strive to support every team member as they reach their career goals by providing them with the tools they need to succeed and grow within our organization.
Please Note: This is a posting for medical-legal report copy-editing. This is not a position for quality control technicians in the manufacturing/food/beverage/pharmaceutical sectors, nor software or any other kind of engineer.
Job Objective: To review medical assessment reports in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with customer, legal and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Bring
• A love for proofreading, fact checking with impeccable attention to detail.
• Professional interpersonal skills and comfortable speaking to medical professionals.
• Strong multitasking and project management skills to achieve deadlines.
• Ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment
• University Degree in healthcare or related field required.
• Exceptional skills on MS, Word, Excel, and Google Suite.
• 1-3 years reviewing and editing reports an asset, but not required.
• Knowledge of SABS (Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule) an asset, but not required.
• Healthcare Professional designation an asset, but not required.
• Independently review and edit medical assessment reports.
• Proofreading, fact checking with impeccable attention to detail.
• Communicate daily and in a timely manner with colleagues and medical professionals.
• Manage various projects while achieving tight deadlines.
• Explain and demonstrate knowledge of the different types of assessments that HVE Healthcare Assessments offers.
• Constantly maintain and exceed daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures.
What We Offer
• $20/hr. - $24/hr.
• 2 Weeks of Paid Vacation + 6 PTO days (Paid Time Off).
• Benefits - Extended Health Care, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Care.
• Mentorship program.
• Wellness Program.
• On-Site Parking.
• Casual Dress Code.
Mostly working remotely, with requirement to attend our office located in the GTA at a minimum of once per month.
Education and/or Experience:
Reports To: Manager for Clinical Coordination (Report Review)
Breaks: 1-hour unpaid lunch