Mobile Architect - San Jose, CA, USA
Ivanti’s Mobile Engineering Team is looking for a strong Mobile Architect to develop Mobile (Android) Applications and Frameworks for use by Ivanti Enterprise Customers and/or internal Application development teams. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Android principals, system level internals, design patterns, and Automated testing (UI and Unit testing). In addition, they will have experience working on large agile teams with designers, developers, QA, product managers and SCRUM masters and being an effective communicator and contributor to the rest of the team.
• Architect, design and develop scalable Android Applications and Frameworks.
• Lead definition and implementation of best architectural and development practices while designing, developing, deploying technologically sound extensible products.
• Lead the mobile development team through implementation and frequent updates
• Architect for quick deployments while developing architecture for executing on a long-term strategic product vision.
• Provide innovative solutions incorporating existing tools and platforms, modern technologies, and industry best practices.
• Mentor other developers on all aspects of software design, implementation, and best practices.
• Interact with cross-functional groups including product managers, customer support and sales to develop new functionality and support existing customers.
• Participate in all phases of the Application development process: from concept to end delivery and support for enterprise customers and third-party developers.
• Ability to own and oversee simultaneous development of multiple features; including other client and server platforms as the Ivanti product line evolves.
• Plan, implement, and release product based on the Agile scrum development process.
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of experience on Android Platform, architecting, designing, implementing apps
• Strong Java, Kotlin, C, C++ development Skills.
• Strong understanding of Android internals (3+ years).
• Solid understanding of software development principles and best practices.
• Solid experience delivering polished user experience.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• An approach of developing "the right way" not "the fast way"
• Working in a modular approach.
• Self-starter and ability to pick up new technologies rapidly
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 8+ years of experience with software development.
• Experience leading teams is a significant plus.
• Experience developing iOS applications and experience coding in Swift or Objective C would be significant plus.