• Bachelor’s degree.
• Valid Tennessee teacher’s license
• Strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and
• Meets health and physical requirements.
Job Overview:The job of Teacher - Music is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by
serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for developing students' music appreciation and skills; supervising students
within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group an individual student instruction
within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in
addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or
guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
• Administer subject specific assessment and test for assessing the level of students' competencies.
• Advise parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for communicating expectations; student's achievements;
developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
• Assess student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to
students, parents and administration.
• Collaborate with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for
improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school
• Counsel students for improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal
• Demonstrate methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for providing an effective
program that addressing individual student requirements.
• Direct assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for providing an
effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
• Instruct students (e.g. voice and instrumentation, etc.) for improving their music appreciation and musical skills (e.g.
voice and instrumentation).
• Maintain musical instruments, equipment and supplies for ensuring availability of required materials.
• Manage student behavior for providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
• Monitor students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, nap times, etc.) for
providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Participate in a variety of meetings for conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Plan concerts and recitals for displaying student performances.
• Prepare a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for documenting student
progress and meeting mandated requirements.
• Report incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for maintaining personal safety of
students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code and school policies.
• Respond to emergency situations for resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel
• Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for resolving issues,
providing information and/or direction.
• Support classroom teachers for assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual