About Turing Talent
The Turing Talent Program is the first of its kind - it’s a job and a leadership program rolled into one. You not only work at some of the most cutting-edge companies, but also receive leadership training and mentorship, as well as be part of a high-calibre industry network. The program is designed to accelerate your trajectory in a technical career. www.turingtalent.org
Position: NLP Data Scientist at Independence Blue Cross (IBX)
About Independence Blue Cross (IBX)
Independence Blue Cross (IBX) is the leading health insurance organization serving more than 8.5 million people in 25 states and Washington, D.C., including more than 2.5 million in Philadelphia, PA. They enhance the health and well-being of the people and communities they serve for more than 80 years.
They deliver innovative and competitively priced healthcare products and services; pioneer new ways to reward doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare professionals for coordinated, quality care; and support programs and events that promote wellness. https://www.ibx.com/
What you will be working on
You will join the Advanced Analytics team, lead the NLP analytics area and partner with business areas to identify business problems and translate them into analytic problems that can be answered with NLP analysis of customer and provider calls, clinical case management calls, electronic medical records, clinical notes, etc.
- Build end-to-end NLP systems, from understanding the business problem, to selecting training dataset, to modeling, to evaluating, to delivering/deploying NLP models and presenting the model results
- Combine NLP analytics with other classification and regression models derived from structured data including medical and pharmacy claims, lab results, and demographic data to generate actionable insights for the business.
- Proactively identify opportunities and drive the development of state-of-the-art methods aligned with and guided by business priorities.
- Contribute to manuscript preparation for peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience developing NLP pipelines using cloud infrastructures, GCP experience a plus.
- Experience with ML frameworks/tools such as scikit-learn, pandas, Numpy, caret, TensorFlow, Keras, Spark, Spacy, Pytorch, XGBoost, Caffe/Caffe2, CNTK, etc.
- Experience with NLP tools/methods including OpenNLP, Stanford NLP, LSA, LDA, Gensim, FastText, NLTK, spaCy, etc.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art ML algorithms such as BERT, ELMo, GPT, GPT-2, XLNET, T5, LSTMs, CRFs, etc., API’s, and open-source methods.
- Knowledge and experience with Github, Bitbucket, or equivalent versioning system.
- Record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in technical mentoring/supervision
- Strong purpose: Bring your drive for excellence, team orientation, and customer commitment to renew and reimagine the business and shape the future of health care
- A diverse and an intellectually stimulating work environment
- You will automatically enroll in the Turing Talent Leadership Programme, designed for technical individuals to accelerate your career and personal development.
Contract type: permanent employment
Start Date: ASAP
Work location: Partially remote with some travel to the HQ in Philadelphia, USA involved.
Number of positions available: 1
Apply directly at https://www.careers-page.com/turing-talent/job/QW358R7W
About Turing Talent Leadership Program
Founded by people from Google, Meta, Microsoft and McKinsey, Turing Talent is revolutionizing what a tech career looks like. Don’t settle just for any job! Find a platform to GROW! We pair jobs with a holistic leadership program specifically for tech professionals to accelerate your career and personal development. https://www.turingtalent.org/leadershipprogram