Brief Job Description:
Dingwell’s is currently taking applications for an Operations Manager for our Superior, WI manufacturing facility. Qualified candidate must have the leadership skills to give the direction, training, mentoring, and coaching required to oversee a manufacturing facility that consists of both machining and fabrication. If you have experience as a Manager and are familiar with machining and fabrication, we’d like to meet with you.
• Oversee all fabrication activities with expertise in welding supervision.
• Responsible for fabrication plans and production coordination, ensuring that fabrication and delivery meet quality standards and are on time and on budget, monitoring through internal ERP system.
• Coordinate with internal Design, Engineering, Project Management and Production Teams to ensure a steady flow of information.
• Collaborate with estimating and quoting process to ensure accuracy.
• Schedule and coordinate with Teams to ensure maximum efficiency and timely completion of orders.
• Establish standards for labor efficiency and utilization, material utilization and product quality.
• Analyze requirements for personnel, tooling, equipment, and facilities, requesting and adjusting additions or changes.
• Approve first off inspections to ensure that parts meet specifications.
• Have the ability to change directions to best fit customer needs.
• Monitor and approve all payroll reporting for team.
• Ensure that safety standards are established and monitored.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve processes, reduce costs, and increase throughput.
• Ensure training and instruction is provided and documented with respect to expected standards of work performance, quality, and safety.
• Responsible for material storage layout, proper identification, and labelling.
• Responsible for the timely provision of all required reports including production, inventory, labor, scrap, and attendance.
• Provide calibration and maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Create a positive work environment, counselling employees on performance issues and concerns where required.
• Adheres to safety and 5S practices.
• Experience in a metal fabrication environment in a supervisory role.
• Working knowledge of welding fabrication techniques and equipment.
• Post-secondary education with a technical focus.
• Sound knowledge of metal fabrication processes, materials, equipment, and tooling.
• Ability to estimate and analyze technical drawings and scope of work with strong computer skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong English communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively to interact across all levels of the organization.
• Strong leadership, coaching and team building skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Self-motivated and adaptable to changing and multiple priorities to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.