We are seeking an experienced optometrist to join our team. As an optometrist, your primary role will be to provide comprehensive eye care services to patients. You will conduct eye examinations, diagnose vision problems, prescribe corrective lenses, and offer guidance on maintaining good eye health. You will work in a collaborative environment, ensuring the highest level of care for our patients.
- Perform thorough eye examinations to assess visual acuity, eye coordination, and overall eye health.
- Diagnose common vision conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Prescribe and fit corrective lenses, including eyeglasses and contact lenses, based on patients' needs.
- Conduct specialized tests, such as color vision assessments, as required.
- Provide advice and recommendations on proper eye care practices and preventive measures.
- Identify and manage eye health issues, referring patients to specialists when necessary.
- Maintain accurate patient records, documenting examination findings and treatment plans.
- Collaborate with a team of healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Educate patients about their eye conditions and treatment options.
- Provide pre- and post-operative care for patients undergoing eye surgeries.
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in optometry through professional development activities.
- Adhere to legal and ethical standards, including patient confidentiality.
- Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree from an accredited optometry school.
- Valid optometry license or eligibility for licensure in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Strong clinical skills in conducting eye examinations and diagnosing vision problems.
- Proficiency in prescribing and fitting corrective lenses.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with good record-keeping abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.