Develops and implements the organization's corporate tax strategy and manages all aspects of the organization's tax notice resolution function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares tax planning reports and estimates the organization's tax obligations.
• Advises senior management on strategies for minimizing the organization's tax liabilities. Stays abreast of tax code changes and ensures ongoing compliance.
• Research legal issues, concerns, solutions, and filing positions in compliance with local, federal, and international tax laws
• Ensure the Payroll Tax department is processing liability payments, tax returns, notices, etc., timely and accurately.
• Establish or maintain procedures to reduce payroll tax discrepancies, ensure accuracy and timely processes.
• Provides leadership, direction, and training to Supervisors and their staff. Verify accuracy and timeliness to ensure compliance with laws and regulations including organizational policies and procedures.
• Notify team of regulatory updates and propose and implement required changes.
• Resolve escalated issues with clients or internal departments.
• Ensure team is following organizational procedures to remain compliant with federal, state, and local tax regulations.
• Provide employee coaching and performance reviews for their team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have the ability to work long hours, under work pressures, and can consistently meet deadlines
• In-depth knowledge of all payroll tax processes including liability payment processing, tax return processing, W2/Year-End, etc.
• Motivated with great time management skills.
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of payroll tax and the regulatory environment, which includes federal, multi-state, and local tax regulations as well as the ability to read, understand, and analyze highly complex regulatory payroll tax information.
Education & Experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of the field's concepts and principles
• Performs complex tasks typically following established processes.
• Leads and directs the work of other employees and has full authority for personnel decisions.
• Primarily focused on administering established policies and procedures but may have some impact on departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change
• Minimum of four years multi-state, multi-jurisdiction, and high-volume Payroll Tax experience and a minimum of two years of Supervisor or Manager experience required.
• PEO or related industry experience preferred.
• Hands-on tax return processing experience is required.
• Strong knowledge of multi-state payroll, federal, state, and local wage laws required. MasterTax and Prism/HRP experience preferred.
Required Licenses And/Or Certifications
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification or Fundamentals of Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred
Founded in 2004, Vensure Employer Services provides PEO solutions and human resource outsourcing to small and mid-market businesses across the country. Through its subsidiaries, including VensureHR, the company processes more than $9 billion in payroll and supporting more than 300,000 worksite employees. With services including payroll, medical and voluntary benefits, workers' compensation, risk management, and HR administration, Vensure companies support a broad spectrum of industries, allowing small business owners to cost-effectively manage HR functions and turn their attention to growth and profitability initiatives