MUST BE BASED IN THE U.S.
Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
We're looking for an experienced, mission-driven Product Manager to join us in building a digital product that makes it easy, engaging, and rewarding for families to save energy. In this role, you will be a part of the product team, and you will work closely with the engineering, design, marketing teams.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly and where autonomy and personal initiative are essential for success. They will have a strong product background, a well-rounded understanding of user-centered design, web and mobile technologies, and a passion for the planet.
Who we are
OhmConnect was founded to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets.
What we do
Our products encompass:
● Consumer facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
● Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances - smart plugs, thermostats, chargers, water heaters, etc.
● Smart Meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer consumption forecast.
● Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for energy markets.
What you will do
● Research, gather and deliver improvements to the product experience that result in best-in-class user satisfaction, energy savings performance, and retention.
● Represent the product to the engineering team and maximize the value of the work being done by them
● Develop clearly expressed, well thought-out, actionable user stories and maintain a prioritized backlog of these user stories
● Oversee the development, documentation, testing, and launch of new product experiences in collaboration with other teams, ensuring at each step of the feature lifecycle that new functionality meets our users’ needs, our strategic intent, and our quality standards
● Identify new areas for improvements based on your product analytics explorations, user research, your own hands-on experience with the product, and a holistic of understanding of company strategy and product vision.
What you will bring
● 4+ years of experience in product management of consumer mobile and web products (preferably in areas such as personal finance or health & wellness)
● Experience defining product vision and strategy in collaboration with other teams
● Experience leveraging product analytics, running product experiments, and making decisions using insights and data
● Excellent problem-solving, project-management, and communication skills
● Solid understanding of user research practices and user-centered design principles
● Demonstrated success in leading development of products and features from inception to delivery
● Comfort discussing technology concepts and experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
● The ability to work autonomously and self-driven in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative cross-team environment (preferably in a startup)
What you will get
● A competitive salary based on experience.
● Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
● Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
● Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
● Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
How to apply
● Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
● OhmConnect welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.