The Receptionist is an integral role in our Practice and a key individual in our team.
Responsible for providing a caring, compassionate, welcoming environment for patients and visitors. Is confidential, organised and diligent in their approach to patient care and is passionate about providing an exemplary service.
In addition the Receptionist is responsible for ensuring all our records are maintained, organised and kept in accordance with Data Protection legislation. Has an excellent telephone manner and is able to multi-task often conflicting priorities whilst managing Dental schedules and diaries.
General, key activities of the role include:
• Greeting patients and visitors when they arrive at the practice
• Schedule appointments for patients and ensure dentists and assistants have accurate diaries
• Utilise email, telephone and text services to notify patients of scheduled appointments
• Maintain patient accounts and records in accordance with Data Protection Act to include scanning / filing and data entry into the Practice record system
• Prepare and send patient invoices, including handling all administration and transactional queries. Understands and is able to convey payment options to patients.
• Liaise with insurance to support patient dental plan claims
• Advising patients on Insurance Policy content and handling queries to support the Practice Manager
• Assist patients to complete medical questionnaires
• Manage and organise any specialist referrals
• Ensure Reception information literature and office supplies are well stocked, manage this to include ordering of stock to ensure availability of resources
• Perform basic accounting tasks such as cashing up, preparing invoices, handling payments
• Sort and organise incoming and outgoing mail
• Ensure Reception area is maintained and professional in appearance
• Any additional duties that align reasonable to the context of this role
Essential Skills & Experience
Organised, Conscientious & Motivated
Proactive in prioritising tasks and activities to ensure a timely response to patients. Strong interpersonal skills with an empathetic manner. Strong emotional intelligence in order to .
Strives to provide the best care for our patients by being professional, polite, puts the needs of the patient first when making decisions. Provides for a warm and welcoming environment.
Business Administration qualification or equivalent qualification.
Clear & Concise Communicator
Able to write and prepare letters, emails and other correspondence with confidence and clarity
A Quality Mindset & Detail Orientated
A good understanding of customer expectations and makes observations to ensure any issues are resolved quickly as they arise
Computer literate, ability to use MS Office, Excel and booking software
Previous administrative background with significant call handling / liaising with the public exposure, previous administrative duties. Previous care settings advantageous. Excited by the profession, aligns with our core values.
Ownership & Accountability
Is punctual and is able to work under pressure and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines. Takes ownership and accepts accountability for own work
Desirable Key Skills & Experience
Previous experience of working with Software of Excellence, Exact
Dental industry background
Qualifications -Business Administration qualification or equivalent qualification, First Aid certificate, handling customer services