About the role
The Recruitment Lead will work closely with the hiring managers and recruitment resources to manage people needs, skills gap as well as the process efficiencies on sourcing, interviewing and employment processes. To be successful in this role, the Recruitment Lead should have a HR academic background and experience screening and evaluating candidates. The ideal candidate is a team leader who is able to make effective decisions quickly.
Ultimately, the Recruitment Lead will manage our recruitment to ensure we hire qualified employees to meet our company’s current and future needs.
- Update current and design new recruiting procedures (e.g. job application and onboarding processes)
- Manage the team's daily activity, KPI's, weekly and monthly goals.
- Keep track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-hire and cost-per-hire)
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers including post-interview calibration/feedback with interview teams.
- Supervise the recruiting team and report on its performance
- Implement new sourcing methods (e.g. social recruiting and Boolean searches)
- Research and choose job advertising options
- Advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques
- Recommend ways to improve our employer brand
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
- Participate in jobinars and online career events
- Build the company’s professional network through relationships with HR professionals, colleges and other partners
- Proven work experience as a Recruiting Manager, Recruitment Consultant or Senior Recruitment Coordinator
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Experience with video interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
- Familiarity with social media and other professional networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google jobs, GitHub, StackOverflow...)
- You are confident in using social media and tech platforms
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and enjoy proactively approaching candidates
- Experience in Active Sourcing for IT and business positions
- Self-initiative and a hands-on mentality come naturally to you
- Your way of working is also characterized by reliability and independence
- You are able to work under pressure, are structured and meticulous, and can quickly get to grips with new tasks.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It's early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life's too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Collaborative workspace headquartered in Berlin, Germany
- Remote working options are available
- Flexible working hours
- The opportunity to join the founding team for Europe of a fast-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle does not discriminate against employment candidates on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (the “Protected Characteristics”)