Seeking an experienced in-house legal consultant eager to join our dynamic, international team. At Scopic, the virtual world is our home – work from anywhere and set your own hours. This is a full-time remote position.
As a Legal Consultant, you will be Scopic's go-to advisor on a broad range of internal legal inquiries. This includes US (and to a lesser degree European and British) business law; international employment law; dispute resolution; contract negotiations; and evolving legislation and legal standards in software development.
• Provide accurate and timely counsel on a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, copyright, data protection, etc.)
• Draft internal policies as needed and regularly monitor compliance
• Research and evaluate legal risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Draft agreements, contracts and other legal documents, implement feedback as needed
• Mentor other team members by reviewing their work and providing constructive feedback, ensuring the quality of the final product
• Provide clarification on legal language or concepts, including by developing educational materials as needed
• Guide the implementation of business compliance standards like HIPAA;
• Support the Accounting department with the collection of the overdue invoices through negotiations and, as needed, small claims litigation
• Help resolve and clarify any other miscellaneous legal matters as they arise
• Keep up-to-date about changes in relevant legislation, i.e. substantial changes in US state and federal laws as well as European and international/OECD legal developments)
• Law degree
• Knowledge of US and international business law
• Experience negotiating contracts and managing legal communications with enterprise clients
• Experience with international employment and contracting relations and related legislation
• Experience working with clients in the software/IT industry; understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle preferred
• Experience with web research related to various policies, including contract law in developed countries, global variations in labor law, and software licensing matters; ability to identify credible sources
• Ability to advise on legal documentation, negotiations, contracts, etc.
• Understanding of legal dispute resolution channels, especially arbitration
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and self-organization
• Creative problem-solving skills and eagerness to learn
• Excellent written and spoken English
The secret ingredients that make us special:
• Your growth is our growth. We invest in your future with paid training and other professional opportunities.
• We’re industry innovators at the forefront of change. Equipped with the latest technologies and a team of knowledgeable colleagues by your side, you’ll embrace new and interesting challenges.
• Your location. Your schedule — Pick your time-zone, choose your preferred hours, and work from the place where you feel most at home.
• Flexibility and freedom are in our DNA! As long as you have a stable internet connection and the drive to thrive, you can travel and work from anywhere you like.
• A workload you can rely on. We’ll set you enough tasks to keep that mind busy! At Scopic, we’ll ensure you always have a consistent flow of engaging, challenging work to do.
• Recognition and reward. We acknowledge diligence and hard work through annual pay increases for good performance.
Down to business!
• Salary range is negotiable depending on your experience.
• Monthly payment via wire transfer.
• The availability required for this position is either full-time or no less than 30hours/week
Scopic is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Have the skills, the drive, and the passion to join the Scopic family?
Apply today to join our growing team of remote professionals from around the world.
Please send your CV in English only.
Please apply online: https://scopicsoftware.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk026ps?source=RemoteHub
Learn more about career opportunities at Scopic: scopicsoftware.com/careers.