We’re looking for a highly skilled PHP Developer who will deliver results on time and write quality code. No ninjas, no rockstars – just someone who’s serious about their work, is a team player, and never met an array they couldn’t tame. Your role will be to work as part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for the full lifecycle of software development, from the initial specification to the development, testing, and launch process.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure
strong optimization and functionality.
• Learn the business domain and participate in the requirements gathering process.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Build innovative, well-designed, and well-architected applications in collaboration with the
• Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems,
applications and/or components.
• Participate in the agile software development life cycle, including but not limited to
solutions review, validations and retrospective meetings.
• Utilise backend services, and expand our architecture.
• Refactor, optimise and improve our existing codebase.
• Use Test-Driven Development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality.
• Engage other stakeholders around all tasks, evaluations, suggestions, schedules and
technical and process issues.
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development, and share knowledge
with the rest of the team.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience as a PHP Developer
• Working knowledge of authentication and authorisation patterns
• Integrating data from multiple sources and databases
• Knowing the limitations of PHP and how to work around them
• Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Laravel)
• Good relational database skills (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
• Proven expertise in working with API services (REST and SOAP)
• Experience with Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration)
• Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git)
• Strong preference for or deep understanding of open-source solutions
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to work unsupervised, or with a team as required, and to collaborate effectively with
other team members and stakeholders.
• An almost unhealthy level of enthusiasm for good documentation.
• Organised, flexible, and a self-starter.