About Turing Talent
The Turing Talent Program is the first of its kind - it’s a job and a leadership program rolled into one. You not only work at some of the most cutting-edge companies, but also receive leadership training and mentorship, as well as be part of a high-calibre industry network. The program is designed to accelerate your trajectory in a technical career. www.turingtalent.org
Position: Senior Data Engineer at Talking Medicines
About Talking Medicines
Believing that the patient should be at the centre of healthcare, Talking Medicines uniquely provides patient confidence by creating the world’s leading source of patient insights, organised by medicine. They are enjoying fast growth both in the UK and the US with their data service, PatientMetRx®.
They listen to what patients are experiencing and saying about their medicines, capturing their global digital voice respecting extensive compliance requirements, and provide curated actionable intelligence to their pharmaceutical clients by reimaging patient intelligence. https://www.talkingmedicines.com/
What you will be working on:
You will work day-to-day with the development team, including Software Engineers, NLP Experts, the Product Manager, and the Product Owner, and be involved in the whole development process of PatientMetRx® (from design to implementation, testing, and launch)
- Develop the PatientMetRx® backend data applications, pipelines, and monitoring used to ingest, process, and store data.
- Decide on the most efficient, most straightforward techniques to apply for each specific problem, and build solutions that are reliable and scale in production.
- Proven industrial/commercial experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience in the data extraction, transformation and loading, statistical analysis, modelling, machine learning, and rule-based systems
- Experience in backend and API development, using Python, SQL databases, Azure cloud computing, data stores, and pipelines
- Agile software development, continuous integration (CI/CD) with CircleCI, MLOps, and test-driven development
- Familiarity with digital health
- Strong team culture: At Talking Medicines, equal opportunity, inclusivity, and diversity are celebrated. This means people are treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Generous holidays and staff benefits scheme including professional development budget as well as full benefits of the Turing Talent leadership program
- Flexible working from office or remote
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Starting at £60K, depending on experience
Working hours: Full time
Work location: UK (Office is in Glasgow City-Centre which is available post-COVID, but open to flexible working from other locations in the UK)
Permanent position? Yes.
About Turing Talent Leadership Program
Founded by people from Google, Meta, Microsoft and McKinsey, Turing Talent is revolutionizing what a tech career looks like. Don’t settle just for any job! Find a platform to GROW! We pair jobs with a holistic leadership program specifically for tech professionals to accelerate your career and personal development. https://www.turingtalent.org/leadershipprogram