The Copperleaf Product Suite helps some of the world’s largest energy firms make better strategic decisions through data analytics and optimization.
We are looking for a talented Senior Frontend Software Developer to contribute to Copperleaf Value, one of our core products. Copperleaf Value is a cloud-hosted, multi-tenant application used to build and visualize Value Frameworks, collections of algorithms for decision making built by us, our partners, and our customers.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable leading architecture-level decisions on the frontend of a project, and can offer mentoring to junior and intermediate developers on the team. You will be actively contributing to a Single-Page-Application and developing automated UI tests. Ideally, you will have several years of experience using modern frontend technologies (e.g. Angular, Vue, or React). We believe in using the best tool for the job and use a mix of TypeScript, Angular and Python.
You have a background in one or more of the following:
• At least 7 years of software development experience
• Experience with Angular (or other modern web frameworks like React or Vue)
• In-depth knowledge of state management libraries such as NgRx, Redux, or similar
• Familiarity with developing synchronous and event-based programs using Observables
• Experience interfacing with RESTful services built in a backend framework like Spring
• Experience with influencing major architecture decisions on a software development team
Exposure to the following would be an asset:
• Java, experience with Kotlin is a bonus
We're not hung up on how much experience you may have with a specific programming language or technology. However, we like to see skill, passion and creativity in the work and projects you've completed.
• You’re a team player and enjoy working with an Agile Scrum team
• You understand and know how to communicate complex technical issues
• You’re focused on product-centric rather than technology-centric development
• You have an eye for detail and it shows in your design, coding and review
• You’re self-motivated, flexible, pragmatic, proactive and able to handle a variety of tasks • You’re a great team member and show respect, courtesy & discretion
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, we’re committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it’s what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we’re building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what’s possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and the BC Tech Association’s Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation. We are also proud to be a proactive equal-opportunity employer.