The Main Purpose of the Job
You will be part of the development (JAVA) team responsible for analysis, design, development and testing of new functionality for our client's iNSight product. You will help to enhance and scale our client's Ecommerce and Operational platforms as well as the associated software services and tools to accelerate the growth of this business.
- Development of highly-available distributed systems.
- Create technical specifications based on business requirements.
- Active participation in the SDLC process of existing and new applications and features.
- Performing functional testing.
- Writing unit tests.
- 2nd line Support of production system which will require stand-by on a rotation basis.
- Performing peer reviews with constructive feedback.
- Assist in the development and training of lesser experienced team members.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Understanding of relational database designs
- Exposure working in Agile/Kanban teams
- Working knowledge of GIT or similar source repository management tool
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Proficient with Java IDE, such as Eclipse
- A working knowledge of relational databases
- Must be comfortable with implementing OO designs and be able to interpret technical and business specifications
- Be comfortable constructing complex high-performance SQL queries
- Troubleshoot and identify bottlenecks in the application
- Be comfortable with multi-threading concepts, such as concurrency
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant IT Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in coding enterprise software systems
- Solid Java SDLC (develop, debug, test, package, publish, deploy) experience.
- Proficiency in JAVA (or similar object-oriented programming language) a must
- Experience with at least one or more of the following database systems:
The following would be an added advantage towards your application:
o Oracle knowledge/experience
o General Unix/Linux experience
o Exposure to/understanding of GSM technologies.
o Oracle Java certification
o Working knowledge of Spring Technologies and JPA/Hibernate.
- Be willing to work overtime and standby when required
- Be able to work both in a team and alone
- Ability to work well under pressure, especially in maintaining a balanced and logical approach
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Able to use initiative and take ownership
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in a verbal and written manner
- Report on progress and raise issues / problems if and when necessary
- Attention to detail