The Copperleaf Suite helps some of the world’s largest energy and utilities firms make better strategic decisions. Join our team as we continue to enable our clients to build more resilient and sustainable infrastructure.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with Geographic Information System (GIS) experience to join our growing Data Visualization team. Our goal is to provide a consistent and intuitive data visualization experience, and to increase the value proposition of our entire solution for all of Copperleaf's clients and prospects. Copperleaf’s solution consumes and generates large volumes of complex data, and this role will help clients to access and derive insights from their data while building additional capabilities through Integration with geospatial systems of record.
You are a talented and creative software developer who welcomes a challenge and can overcome tough obstacles both independently and in collaboration with a team. You understand common software development lifecycles and are familiar with software engineering design patterns and best practices.
You’ll be joining a team of bright, passionate, and supportive individuals who are proud of the solutions they build.
You will be actively contributing to an Angular project that integrates with external services written predominantly in C#. Ideally, you will have several years of experience using Angular and Microsoft .NET. You will also have experience with GIS technology and data structures. Knowledge of additional backend or deployment technologies is an asset.
Ideally you have the following experience, but we also recognize that talent comes in many forms of transferable skills.
• At least 5 years of software development experience
• Development experience with ESRI ArcGIS or a similar enterprise GIS platform
• Knowledge of geospatial data structures and concepts such as linear referencing
• Familiarity with spatial data ETL tools such as Safe Software’s FME is an asset
• Understanding the design of complex systems and the impact of changes to such systems
• Experience with work item management, source code control, and the build environment of a
large software solution
• You’re a team player and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
• You can understand and know how to communicate complex technical issues
• Your focus is product-centric rather than technology-centric development
• You have an eye for detail, and it shows in your design, coding, and review
• You’re self-motivated, flexible, pragmatic, proactive and able to handle a variety of tasks
• You’re a great team member who shows respect, courtesy & discretion
We’re not hung up on how many years of experience you may have with a particular language or technology. However, we like to see skill, passion, and creativity in the work you’ve accomplished.
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, we’re committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it’s what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we’re building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what’s possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Tech Association’s Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Copperleaf’s culture and play a vital role in our growth strategy. We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels a sense of belonging and can contribute to their maximum potential. Our differences are the reason great things happen here. If you are an applicant in need of accommodations or special assistance throughout the interview process, please submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.